Layered Potato and Spinach Baked Dish
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 593 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 33859 times
The Layered Potato and Spinach Baked Dish is a luscious treat of potatoes and spinach baked with a creamy and cheesy topping. A mix-in of coriander and green chillies gives the potato layer a peppy flavour, while the team work of fenugreek, onions and cumin gives the spinach layer a fabulous taste.
A dash of lemon added to both layers gives them a zesty touch. You can use white sauce or fresh cream to top the arrangement depending on what you have on hand, and then garnish it with grated cheese before baking. The outcome is a totally mind-blowing baked dish that everybody will love.
Team up this baked dish with a loaf of bread and a bowl of your favourite soup for a satiating meal. Tastes equally good with Rotis or Mushrooms Stuffed with Paneer .
- Combine the spinach, fenugreek leaves, baking soda and ¼ cup of water in a deep non- stick pan, mix gently and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Drain, refresh with cold water and blend in a mixer till smooth. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan and add the cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the green chillies and onions and sauté on a medium flame flame for 2 minutes.
- Add the spinach mixture, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes ,while stirring occasionally.
- Add the paneer, lemon juice and salt, mix gently and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute, while stirring occasionally. Keep aside.
- In a serving oven safe deep dish, pout the potato layer and spread it evenly.
- Put the spinach layer and spread it evenly.
- Finally put the cream and cheese evenly over it and bake in a pre-heated oven at 200ºc (400ºf) for 15 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||2131.2 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||-0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.5 mg|
|Vitamin C||20.4 mg|
|Folic Acid||47.7 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.