Mushrooms Stuffed with Paneer
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 436 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 22757 times
Mushrooms Stuffed with Paneer is easy to make, but serves as an exotic starter for parties ! Here, the cavities in fresh button mushrooms are stuffed with a succulent and flavourful cottage cheese mixture, and carefully cooked for a few minutes along with chopped garlic for added flavour.
The paneer stuffing is quite unique. It is aesthetically flavoured with coriander and green chillies, but what makes it really special is the addition of chopped raisins, which not only provides sweet and juicy interludes but also helps to highlight the flavours of the green chillies and coriander strongly! Once the mushrooms are stuffed, cook them carefully in the pan, without turning them around too often, else the stuffing will spill out.
- Wash the mushrooms and remove the thick stems and keep aside.
- Fill each mushrooms with little of the paneer stuffing and keep aside.
- Heat the butter in a broad non-stick pan, add the garlic and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Place all the stuffed mushrooms in the pan, cover it with a lid and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Turn over the mushrooms gently and cook for another 2 to 3 minutes, or till all the water has been evaporated.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values per stuffed mushroom
|Vitamin A||30.7 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0 mg|
|Vitamin C||0.3 mg|
|Folic Acid||0 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.