by Tarla Dalal
Added to 27 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 9261 times
A royal combination of cake, ice - cream, jelly and fruit.
- Grease and dust a 175 mm. or 200 mm. ( 7"or 8" ) diameter flan tin and pour the cake mixture into it.
- Bake in a hot oven at 450°F for 12 to 15 minutes.
- The cake is ready when it leaves the sides of the tin and is springy to touch.
- Take out from the oven and leave for 1 minutes. Invert the tin over a rack and tap sharply to remove.
- Cool the flan.
- Chop the pineapple slices and keep aside the syrup.
- Sprinkle a little syrup over the flan and allow to soak. Repeat after 10 minutes Be sure that the flan is moist.
- Dissolve the jelly in 11/2 teacups of bpiling water.Set it in a small mould in the refrigerator.
- When set, dip the mould in hot water for a few seconds. Loosen the sides with a knife and invert into the centre of the flan. Surround the jelly with the ice - cream and chopped pineapple.
- Decorate with cherries and serve with fresh sweetened cream or thin custard.
- VARIATIONS : Instead of jelly, pineapple and vanilla ice-cream, fill the flan with any of the following combinations :
- a) Chopped peaches and chocolate ice-cream.
- b) Sliced fresh strawberries and strawberry or vanilla ice-cream.
- c) Sliced fresh mangoes and vanilla ice-cream.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.