Last Updated : Jun 22,2018
Viewed 5161 times
Raspberry Jelly is a type of Fruit preserves, in American English, specifically a clear fruit spread consisting of firmed raspberry fruit or raspberry juice made with pectin. In British English, 'jelly' is also generally used to mean a sweet desert made by adding gelatin to fruit juice, or more commonly from commercially prepared concentrated blocks. It is made by a similar process to jam, with the additional step of filtering out the fruit pulp after the initial heating. A muslin or stockinette "jelly bag" is traditionally used as a filter, suspended by string over a bowl to allow the straining to occur gently under gravity. Its thick consistency and delicious taste make it very popular among kids. Clean raspberries, finely dice them and place it into saucepan. Pour sugar over diced raspberry and cook it to boil for about 5 minutes in low heat (stir it constantly).
Carefully blend it with a hand blender, stir pectin and vanilla sugar in it and cook it for 3 minutes more. Very low in calorie, raspberry jellies are made of fresh raspberry in very hygienic and sanitized conditions. These are available in multiple shapes and sizes to look more appetizing and mouth watering.
Chopped raspberry jelly
Chop the jelly slab into big or small chunks, as desired. Jelly cubes are also quite popular. Chopped pieces of jelly are used in various baking and other sweet making recipes for enhancing the taste of the dish. These soft and consistent jelly cubes are packaged in attractive boxes and containers.
Raspberry jelly cubes
Place the raspberry jelly on a clean dry surface and gently cut into 2" thick strips lengthwise, using a sharp knife. Take care not to mash the jelly. To create square cubes, slice across each strip to create desired sized cubes. These cubes can be used for garnishing of desserts and various recipes and also can be served as it is.
How to select
Good rasplberry jelly is clear and sparkling and has a fresh flavor of the raspberries. It is tender enough to quiver when moved, but holds angles when cut.
· Raspberry Jelly is a very popular dessert
· Raspberry Jelly is usually served with ice creams or plain cream
· Raspberry Jelly can be topped with fruits of your choice to make a delectable fruit salad
· Raspberry Jelly can be added to cakes, puddings or pies as a base or topping.
How to store
Store raspberry jelly in a wide mouthed glass or plastic container and keep it in a cool and dry place.
· Unlike butter and cheese, raspberry jellies do not contribute to the cholesterol and fat content and are thus a preferred breakfast accompaniment.
· Raspberry Jellies are rich in sugar and a good source of energy. Since they are high in calories, the weight loss seekers and diabetics should use jellies sparingly.
· The raspberries are naturally rich in fiber, vitamin C, A and potent antioxidants, so having fruit pulp in jellies also enhances its nutritional value.
High (more than 70)
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.