How many calories does one serving of Vegetable Broth with Yeast Marmite have?
One serving of Vegetable Broth with Yeast Marmite gives 82 calories. Out of which carbohydrates comprise 49 calories, proteins account for 8 calories and remaining calories come from fat which is 24 calories. One serving of Vegetable Broth with Yeast Marmite provides about 4 percent of the total daily calorie requirement of a standard adult diet of 2,000 calories.
Click here to view. Vegetable Broth with Yeast Marmite recipe.Time to warm your soul and rejuvenate your body with this wholesome, vitamin-loaded Vegetable Broth with Yeast Marmite.
A delight to behold and a pleasure to sip on, this healthy broth is chock-full of nutrients from assorted veggies. The yeast extract gives a nice taste and vitamin B to the broth, while wholegrain barley keeps your sugar levels under control.
The barley gives a nice pearl-studded appearance to the soup, as well as a nice mouth-feel. It absorbs the flavour of the yeast extract in this clear soup, and tastes really good.
Is Vegetable Broth with Yeast Marmite healthy?
No, this is not healthy. Let's see why.
Yes, this is healthy. But restrictions apply to some.
Let's understand the Ingredients.
1. Onions (pyaz, kanda) : Raw onions are a very valuable source of vitamin C – the immune building vitamin. Along with other phytonutrients from onions, it helps to build WBC (white blood cells) which serves as a line of defence against illness. Yes, it’s a source of many antioxidants, the most important one amongst them being Quercetin. The quercetin in Onions promotes production of HDL (good cholesterol) and lowers total cholesterol in the body. The sulphur in onions act as a blood thinner and prevents blood clotting too. This in turn would lower blood pressure and good for heart, diabetics. Read the benefits of onions.
2. French Beans ( Fansi ) : French Beans is rich in folic acid. A deficiency of folic acid can also lead to anaemia, as like iron they are equally necessary to make red blood cells. Without enough folic acid, you can get easily tired. Pregnant women can also benefit from its folic acid count. It’s effective to achieve weight loss, overcome constipation, control blood sugar levels, treat high cholesterol as well as prevent cancer. See here for detailed 15 benefits of french beans.
3. Carrots (gajjar) : Carrots have the nutrient Beta Carotene which is a form of Vitamin A, helps prevent deterioration of the eye as one gets older and prevents night blindness. Carrot is great for the eyes.They relieve constipation, lower blood pressure, have fibre and lower cholesterol. Read the 11 super benefiits of carrots and why to include in your daily diet.
4. Cabbage ( Patta Gobhi + Red Cabbage) : Cabbage is low in calories, relieves constipation, good for diabetics. Cabbage has high levels of flavonoids and anthocyanins and has long been used as a herbal medicine. Rich in Antioxidants in turn lowers the risk of infection and inflammation of the body due to eating processed foods. Red cabbage also called purple cabbage has slightly high levels of flavonoids and anthocyanins than green cabbage and has long been used as a herbal medicine. It has same health benefits to offer as the cabbage otherwise.See here all benefits of cabbage.
5.Barley (Jao) : Barley is diabetic and pregnancy friendly. A high fiber diet for years has been paired with reduced risk of heart disease. The fiber (2.73 g) from barley helps reduce blood cholesterol levels. Additionally folate, potassium and magnesium also work together to support a healthy heart. The B vitamins (thiamine, riboflavin and niacin) along with magnesium and potassium have been identified in supporting nerve health and lowering high blood pressure. See here for 9 benefits of barley and why you should eat it.
Can diabetics, heart patients and over weight individuals have Vegetable Broth with Yeast Marmite?
Yes, this recipe is good for diabetics, heart and weight loss. The yeast extract gives a nice taste and vitamin B to the broth, while wholegrain barley keeps your sugar levels under control.
French Beans is rich in folic acid. A deficiency of folic acid can also lead to anaemia, as like iron they are equally necessary to make red blood cells.
Can healthy individuals have Vegetable Broth with Yeast Marmite?
Yes. Barley is diabetic and pregnancy friendly. A high fiber diet for years has been paired with reduced risk of heart disease.
8 Pointers to get healthy on a Indian diet
1. Eat healthy and say yes to good home cooked food. Prefer whole grains like oatmeal, quinoa, buckwheat, barley and healthy flours like bajra flour, jowar flour, quinoa flour, wheat flour etc. rather than refined ones like maida. Have healthy Indian fats like ghee, coconut, coconut oil in your diet.
2. Opt out of junk food, packaged food, deep fried foods. Prefer steamed snacks and other non-fried snacks. Check out some Healthy Indian Snacks. Remember to eat small frequent meals through the day as that will keep you always full and prevent your blood sugar from dropping. By starving your body through some diet, will not help you one bit. In fact, dieting will make you binge on 2 to 3 meals which is not good.
3. Have 4 to 5 servings of vegetables and 2 to 3 servings of fruit is a must. Follow the logic of a vegetable in each main meal of the day and a fruit in-between meals. Check out a few Healthy Indian Soups and Healthy Indian Salads recipes using this food group.
4. Cut down on sugar and salt in your diet and pick honey ( very small amounts) or dates to sweeten your food. Slowly cut the sugar habit as this is not going to happen over night. Sugar is also called white poison. It is a simple carbohydrate with zero nutritional value. On intake, sugar will cause inflammation of the body which will last for many hours. It will spike your blood sugar level and shut down the fat burning process. This also causes high blood sugar levels in your body. The development of prediabetes comes from uncontrolled eating sugar and refined food products for many years and the classic symptom is if you have excess belly fat. This leads to diabetes and further onwards to heart attack, high blood pressure, strokes, impotence and kidney damage.
Salt and blood pressure. Apart from stress and obesity, one of the main reasons for high blood pressure is excessive sodium and salt intake. Most people find it difficult to limit the amount of salt in their cooking, thinking it will affect the taste of their favourite dishes.
This is not true. Bajra and jowar are rich in potassium and critical for those with High Blood Pressure as it lessens the impact of sodium. Eating more Potassium Rich Foods will remove more sodium from your body through urine. So include the basic bajra roti and jowar roti in your daily diet to have with Lower Blood Pressure Subzis Recipes.
5. Befriend a few healthy seeds and nuts like chia seeds, flax seeds, sesame seeds, walnuts and almonds.
6. Sprouts are called ‘living food’. They are high is most nutrients and easy to digest as well. Let them feature in your meals at least thrice a week. Also Read : All Benefits about Sprouts.
7. Exercise 45 minutes every day. No excuse. You can walk fast, run, do weights, play your favourite sport or go to the gym.
8. Sleep early and get up early. Get your body into rhythm and it will function best. Sleep helps your body to recover.
Vegetable Broth with Yeast Marmite is high in
1. Vitamin C : Vitamin C is a great defence against coughs and colds.
Note : a recipe is deemed high in a Vitamin or mineral if it meets 20% and above the recommended daily allowance based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
How to burn 82 calories that come from Vegetable Broth with Yeast Marmite?
Walking (6 kmph) = 25 mins
Running (11 kmph) = 8 mins
Cycling (30 kmph) = 11 mins
Swimming (2 kmph) = 14 mins
Note: These values are approximate and calorie burning differs in each individual.