How many calories does one Bajra Peas Roti, Low Acidity Recipe have?
One Bajra Peas Roti, Low Acidity Recipe gives 66 calories. Out of which carbohydrates comprise 40 calories, proteins account for 9 calories and remaining calories come from fat which is 17 calories. One Bajra Peas Roti, Low Acidity Recipe provides about 3 percent of the total daily calorie requirement of a standard adult diet of 2,000 calories.
See recipe Bajra Peas Roti, Low Acidity Recipe | bajra peas roti recipe | healthy matar bajra paratha | low acidity roti | with 19 amazing images.
bajra peas roti recipe | healthy matar bajra paratha | low acidity roti for one and all. Learn how to make healthy matar bajra paratha.
To make bajra peas roti, combine all the ingredients in a deep bowl and knead into a soft dough using enough warm water. Divide the dough into 8 equal portions. Take a portion of the dough on a rolling board and pat it with your fingers to form a 150 mm. (6") diameter circle using a little bajra flour for dusting. Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and cook the roti, using ¼ tsp of oil, till it turns golden brown in colour from both the sides. Repeat steps 3 and 4 to make 7 more rotis. Serve immediately.
Here is one more Indian bread made using bajra flour. This innovative low acidity roti combines the stomach-friendly bajra flour with boiled and mashed green peas, to get a roti that tastes and feels great.
A good amount of coriander is used in this bajra peas roti, to get a peppy flavour, which is heightened by adding a little bit of ginger-green chilli paste and black pepper. Try other stomach friendly recipes like Suva Buckwheat Roti, Methi Jowar Muthia and Nutritious Chilas.
The use of bajra flour and green peas in healthy matar bajra paratha add on fibre which helps to cleanse the digestive tract. Bajra flour is a good source of iron and thus helps to build haemoglobin stores too. Further being devoid of wheat flour, this roti qualifies as a gluten-free roti as well.
Tips for bajra peas roti. 1. Ensure that green peas are well cooked so rolling becomes easier. 2. You can also add other vegetables like grated carrot, grated broccoli or grated beetroot to make this roti all the more nutritious. 3. It is very important to serve the Bajra Peas Roti immediately after preparation, of which the aroma is appetizing and the texture is fabulous.
Is Bajra Peas Roti, Low Acidity Recipe healthy?
Yes, this is healthy.
Let's understand the Ingredients.
1. Bajra flour : Bajra flour is high in protein and is a complete protein for vegetarians when combined with dal. So as a Vegetarian, include bajra in your diet. Bajra is a great option for those on a gluten free diet. Bajra is rich in Magnesium which improves insulin response by lowering insulin resistance which is good for Diabetics and healthy heart but to be had in restricted quantity and had with low fat curds or raita to minimise the carb impact. See here for the 18 benefits of bajra flour and why you should have it.
2. Green Peas : Green peas are good for weight loss, good source of vegetarian protein, has insoluble fibre to relieve constipation. Legumes like green peas, cow peas, mung, chick peas and kidney beans have a cholesterol lowering effect. Green Peas are rich in Vitamin K which aids in bone metabolism. Green peas have a Glycemic Index (GI) rank of 22 which is low and good for diabetics. Is green peas good for diabetics and see full benefits of green peas.
3. Coriander (kothmir, dhania) : Coriander is a fresh herb often used as a flavour enhancer in Indian cooking. It is mainly used as a garnish. This is the best way to use it - no cooking. This preserves its vitamin C content which helps to build our immunity and bring that sparkle to the skin. The antioxidants vitamin A, vitamin C and the quercetin present in coriander works towards strengthening our immune system. Coriander is a fairly good source of iron and folate – the 2 nutrient which help in the production and maintenance of red blood cells in our blood. Good for reducing cholesterol and good for diabetics. Read 9 benefits of coriander to understand details.
4. Ginger green chilli paste: Ginger green chilli paste together has many health benefits to offer. Ginger is an effective cure for congestion, sore throat, cold and cough. It aids digestion and relieves constipation. Antioxidant vitamin C in green chillies protects the body from effects of harmful free radicals and prevents stress. It is probably the high fiber which helps in controlling blood sugar levels. This it is a welcome addition to a diabetic diet. Suffering from anaemia? Add green chillies to your list of iron rich foods too.
5. Benefits of Black Pepper ( kali mirch) : Black pepper has been identified to stimulate the digestive juices and enzymes in the gut thus lending a helping hand in maintaining digestive health. The antibacterial nature of black pepper helps to relieve cold and cough, especially when black pepper is ground and mixed with honey and consumed. kali mirch may help in maintaining normal blood sugar levels as it improves insulin sensitivity. So diabetics and weight watchers with high blood sugar levels both can benefit from black pepper. Kalimich is known to boost metabolism and promote fat cell breakdown. Yes, the piperine in it may help you overcome obesity, weight loss. See detailed benefits of black pepper, kali mirch.
Note : 1 cup = 200 ml (standard cup available in the market). The weight in grams varies for each ingredient.
Can diabetics, heart patients and overweight individuals have Bajra Peas Roti, Low Acidity Recipe?
Yes, this recipe is good for diabetics, heart and weight loss. Bajra is rich in Magnesium which improves insulin response by lowering insulin resistance which is good for Diabetics and healthy heart but to be had in restricted quantity and had with low fat curds or raita to minimise the carb impact. Green peas have a Glycemic Index (GI) rank of 22 which is low and good for diabetics. Is green peas good for diabetics
Can healthy individuals have Bajra Peas Roti, Low Acidity Recipe?
Yes, this is healthy.
Bajra Peas is good for
1. Weight Loss
3. Heart Patients
4. Healthy Lifestyle
5. Reduces Acidity
One Bajra Peas Roti, Low Acidity Recipe is high in
1. Fiber : Dietary fiber reduce the risk of heart disease, prevent the spike in blood sugar levels and hence super for diabetics. Consume more fruits, vegetables, moong, oats, matki, whole grains.
2. Phosphorus : Phosphorous works closely with calcium to build bones.
Note : a recipe is deemed high in a Vitamin or mineral if it meets 20% and above the recommended daily allowance based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
How to burn 66 calories that come from one Bajra Peas Roti, Low Acidity Recipe?
Walking (6 kmph) = 20 mins
Running (11 kmph) = 7 mins
Cycling (30 kmph) = 9 mins
Swimming (2 kmph) = 11 mins
Note: These values are approximate and calorie burning differs in each individual.