by Tarla Dalal
Added to 67 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 42149 times
These subtly-flavoured chillas are really trendy because they are easy-to-prepare, tasty and stomach-friendly too, which is a key concern for many people!
These Nutritious Chillas are made with ragi, jowar and whole wheat flour, perked up with just a mild dash of green chilli paste. A good amount of veggies are added to keep the chillas soft and to lend a lovely crunch to them.
You can have these tasteful chillas anytime, for breakfast or as a snack, so you can ward off hunger and associated acidity bouts too.
- To make nutritious chilla, combine all the ingredients in a deep bowl along with approx. 1 cup of water to make a thin batter.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and grease it with ¼ tsp of oil.
- Pour a ladleful of the batter on tava (griddle) and spread it evenly to make a 125 mm. (5”) diameter thin circle and cook on a medium flame using ¼ tsp of oil till both the sides are golden brown in colour.
- Repeat with the remaining batter to make 3 more chillas.
- Serve immediately with minty green chutney.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per chila
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.