Tofu Chila ( Eat Well Stay Well Recipes )
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 35 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 18001 times
Tofu chila, apart from energy, the brain requires a constant supply of oxygen and other nutrients to function well. Iron and protein are required for the formation of hemoglobin that carries oxygen to brain. Calcium is required for the transmission of impulses or messages to and fro. Hence, a recipe like this provides all of it. As it contains tofu and sprouts.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan, add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Add the tomatoes, tofu, coriander, green chilies and salt, toss gently and sauté on a medium flame for another 2 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Cool and divide the stuffing into 6 equal portions. Keep aside.
- Divide the batter into 6 equal portions and keep aside.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle), grease it lightly using ¼ tsp of oil and spread a ladleful of the batter in a circular motion.
- Spread it evenly to make a 125 mm. (5”) diameter circle.
- Cook using ¼ tsp oil till brown spots appear on both the sides.
- Place one portion of the stuffing mixture in the centre of the chila and fold it to make a semi-circle.
- Repeat with the remaining ingredients to make 5 more stuffed chilas. Serve hot.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per chila
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.