How many calories does one Sandwich House have?
One Sandwich House gives 491 calories. Out of which carbohydrates comprise 283 calories, proteins account for 52 calories and remaining calories come from fat which is 155 calories. One Sandwich House provides about 25 percent of the total daily calorie requirement of a standard adult diet of 2,000 calories.
Click here to see Sandwich House recipe. A multi-layered sandwich arranged like a house with a dainty roof, the Sandwich House is a multi-faceted treat that has a delightful appearance and an even more interesting flavour and texture!
The carrot mixture, beetroot mixture and lettuce mixture that occupy this house of bread complement each other. Each layer is perked up with herbs, spreads and seasonings that enhance the flavour and aroma of this snack.
Serve the Sandwich House immediately on preparation before the vegetable mixtures get watery, and while the lettuce is still crisp and juicy.
Planning a birthday party for your kid? To make it extra special check out our recipes for birthday parties , the perfect menu planner.
Is Sandwich House healthy?
Yes, this is healthy. But restrictions apply to some. Made from whole wheat bread and a super stuffing of a healthy vegetables, creamy cheese and herbs.
Let's understand the Ingredients of Sandwich House.
What's good in Sandwich House.
Whole Wheat Bread : Well, the use of bread is relative and individualistic. Whole wheat bread is better choice than white bread made from refined plain flour. Compared to maida-based bread which is surely to be avoided, the bread made with whole wheat grain that is milled or with whole wheat flour is a healthier alternative. Whole wheat bread has more fiber than the white bread, which helps in maintaining weight, blood sugar and blood cholesterol levels. However both the varieties of bread are almost at par in their carb count. So moderation is the key here.
Beetroot : The Nitrates present in beet aid in detoxification and helps lower bad cholesterol (LDL) levels. The high Nitrate content of Beetroots which get converted to Nitric Oxide result in the expansion the blood vessels and thereby lowering the blood pressure and ensuring proper oxygen flow to all parts of the body. If you often notice signs of high blood pressure, start your day with a glass of beetroot carrot tomato juice. See detailed benefits of beetroot.
Carrots (gajjar) : Carrots have the nutrient Beta Carotene which is a form of Vitamin A, helps prevent deterioration of the eye as one gets older and prevents night blindness. Carrot is great for the eyes.They relieve constipation, lower blood pressure, have fibre and lower cholesterol. Read the 11 super benefiits of carrots and why to include in your daily diet.
Tomatoes : Tomatoes are extremely rich source of Lycopene. Tomatoes are a powerful antioxidant, super rich in Vitamin C, good for heart. Tomatoes are a Pregnant women's friend and are rich in Folate or Folic Acid which helps your body to produce and maintain new cells, especially red blood cells. Read about 13 amazing benefits of tomatoes.
Lettuce : Lettuce is low in calories and aids in Weight Loss. Being rich in Vitamin C works as an immune building vitamin by way of helping multiply white blood cells (WBC). Lettuce abounds in Vitamin A – Stops Inflammation and Improves Eyesight. Keeps heart healthy and manages diabetes. Rich in Folic acid, one such nutrient which a mother-to-be should start building the reserve of much before conception. See benefits of lettuce.
Cheese Spread : Cheese is a naturally rich source of many nutrients including calcium, phosphorous, protein, fat soluble vitamins and B vitamins.
Dried Mixed Herds : A jar of mixed herbs typically comprises basil, marjoram, oregano and thyme, each of which has high levels of healthy antioxidants. Most herbs, especially rosemary, sage, oregano, thyme have significant amounts of flavonoids, which can act as antioxidants to protect LDL cholesterol from being oxidised, inhibit the formation of blood clots, and provide anti-inflammatory and anti-tumour activity. Herbs are rich in vitamins, and in minerals, chlorophyll and natural antibiotics. Many herbs have valuable alkalising benefits. Herbs may also contain pain-relieving properties, aid in digestion, and strengthen the immune system.When using herbs for flavouring, we can reduce the need for salt, sugar and artificial flavourings, which will lead to great health benefits in the long run.
Butter : Butter contains 80% fats and it comprises of many types of fatty acids. Butter has short chain fatty acids and medium chain fatty acids which are broken down and absorbed into the body directly and go straight to the liver and get converted to fuel to be used by the muscles. Due to this anti-inflammatory effect, it is said to have a positive effect in treating Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS). Recent research shows that small amounts of butter has positive effects on heart health. So diabetics too can have small quantity of butter and balance it with other types of fats they consume. A tbsp. of butter fulfils 8% of your days requirement of vitamin A. This Vitamin A is a powerful antioxidant which is essential for glowing skin health and immune function. We suggest you read about butter the super food.
What's problem in Sandwich House.
Mayonnaise : Mayonnaise is made up of vegetable oil and hence very high fat levels + eggs which are healthy. Vegetable oils are not very healthy for your body which will cause inflammation and stop the fat burning process. You are better of using olive oil or peanut oil as they are higher in MUFA.
Note : 1 cup = 200 ml (standard cup available in the market). The weight in grams varies for each ingredient.
Can diabetics, heart patients and over weight individuals have Sandwich House?
Yes, this recipe is good for diabetics, heart and weight loss BUT watch the carbs for diabetics and eat in restricted quantity. Whole wheat bread is better choice than white bread made from refined plain flour. Whole wheat bread has more fiber than the white bread, which helps in maintaining weight, blood sugar and blood cholesterol levels. Mayonnaise is made up of vegetable oil and hence very high fat levels + eggs which are healthy. Vegetable oils are not very healthy for your body which will cause inflammation and stop the fat burning process.
Can healthy individuals have Sandwich House?
Yes. This is good and healthy.
Sandwich House is high in :
1. Protein : Protein is required for the managing the wear and tear of all cells of the body.
2. Vitamin C : Vitamin C is a great defence against coughs and colds.
3. Phosphorous : Phosphorous works closely with calcium to build bones.
4. Vitamin B1 : Vitamin B1 protects nerves, helps in carbohydrate metabolism, prevents heart diseases and helps produce red blood cells.
5. Vitamin A : Vitamin A is crucial for healthy vision, cell growth and healthy skin.
Note : a recipe is deemed high in a Vitamin or mineral if it meets 20% and above the recommended daily allowance based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
8 Pointers to get healthy on a Indian diet.
1. Eat healthy and say yes to good home cooked food. Prefer whole grains like oatmeal, quinoa, buckwheat, barley and healthy flours like bajra flour, jowar flour, quinoa flour, wheat flour etc. rather than refined ones like maida. Have healthy Indian fats like ghee, coconut, coconut oil in your diet.
2. Opt out of junk food, packaged food, deep fried foods. Prefer steamed snacks and other non-fried snacks. Check out some Healthy Indian Snacks. Remember to eat small frequent meals through the day as that will keep you always full and prevent your blood sugar from dropping. By starving your body through some diet, will not help you one bit. In fact, dieting will make you binge on 2 to 3 meals which is not good.
Skip having Indian junk foods like pav bhaji, bata vada, pakoras, gulab jamun as they cause your body to have insulance resistance. The resultant is your body will store more carbohydrates as fats, causing storage of fat in the stomach causing a paunch and slowing down of our fat burning process. So its a bad cyle which causes you more more hunger and fatigue every time you eat junk food.
3. Have 4 to 5 servings of vegetables and 2 to 3 servings of fruit is a must. Follow the logic of a vegetable in each main meal of the day and a fruit in-between meals. Check out a few Healthy Indian Soups and Healthy Indian Salads recipes using this food group.
4. Cut down on sugar and salt in your diet and pick honey ( very small amounts) or dates to sweeten your food. Slowly cut the sugar habit as this is not going to happen over night. Sugar is also called white poison. It is a simple carbohydrate with zero nutritional value. On intake, sugar will cause inflammation of the body which will last for many hours. It will spike your blood sugar level and shut down the fat burning process. This also causes high blood sugar levels in your body. The development of prediabetes comes from uncontrolled eating sugar and refined food products for many years and the classic symptom is if you have excess belly fat. This leads to diabetes and further onwards to heart attack, high blood pressure, strokes, impotence and kidney damage.
Salt and blood pressure. Apart from stress and obesity, one of the main reasons for high blood pressure is excessive sodium and salt intake. Most people find it difficult to limit the amount of salt in their cooking, thinking it will affect the taste of their favourite dishes.
This is not true. Bajra and jowar are rich in potassium and critical for those with High Blood Pressure as it lessens the impact of sodium. Eating more Potassium Rich Foods will remove more sodium from your body through urine. So include the basic bajra roti and jowar roti in your daily diet to have with Lower Blood Pressure Subzis Recipes.
5. Befriend a few healthy seeds and nuts like chia seeds, flax seeds, sesame seeds, walnuts and almonds. Stress. The easiest way to kill your immune system is chronic stress.
6. Sprouts are called ‘living food’. They are high is most nutrients and easy to digest as well. Let them feature in your meals at least thrice a week. Also Read : All Benefits about Sprouts.
7. Exercise 45 minutes every day. No excuse. You can walk fast, run, do weights, play your favourite sport or go to the gym. No activity reduces muscle tissue which will lead to muscke loss and all kinds of problems with that. Workout builds immunity and keeps virus or bugs away.
8. Sleep early and get up early. Get your body into rhythm and it will function best. Sleep helps your body to recover and makes you look much younger. Also getting good sleep prevent muscle loss, builds immunity and keeps virus or bugs away.
How to burn 491 calories that come from Sandwich House?
|Walking (6 kmph) =
|| 2 hours 27 mins
|Running (11 kmph) =
|| 41 mins
|Cycling (30 kmph) =
|| 1 Hour 5 mins
|Swimming (2 kmph) =
|| 1 hour24 mins
Note: These values are approximate and calorie burning differs in each individual.