Aloo Aur Kaddu ki Subzi
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 163 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 126537 times
Soft potatoes and fibrous red pumpkin cooked with an aromatic tempering of assorted seeds and spices, a couple of traditional spice powders, a dash of curds and tomatoes, the Aloo aur Kaddu ki Subzi is a choice you will not regret, whether for a homely meal or a friendly gathering. It burgeons with flavour and aroma, highlighted further by the finishing touch, a thoughtful sprinkling of tangy amchur powder.
- Heat the ghee in a broad non-stick pan, add the bay leaf, cinnamon, clove, cardamom, nigella seeds, mustard seeds and fenugreek seeds and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the curds, asafoetida, chilli powder, coriander-cumin seeds powder and turmeric powder and sauté on a medium flame for 30 seconds.
- Add the tomatoes and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the potatoes, pumpkin and ½ cup of water, mix well, cover and cook on a slow flame for 15 to 20 minutes or until the potatoes and pumpkin are cooked, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the amchur powder, sugar and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.