Red Pumpkin Pachadi
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 140 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 29595 times
Wonderfully unique, the Red Pumpkin Pachadi stands out from others in its combined use of curds and coconut milk. Though you might never have tried it before, you will be pleasantly surprised to see that mellow coconut milk and tangy curds complement each other very well, and together with the aromatic and flavourful tempering, they really form a delicious base for the sautéed red pumpkin. Make sure you refrigerate the raita before use, to improve its flavour and texture. Serve this refreshing accompaniment with rice dishes like Bisi Bele Bhaat , South Indian Tava Rice and Coconut Rice .
- Combine the curds, coconut milk, sugar and salt in a deep bowl, mix well and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick kadhai, and add the mustard seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the green chillies, curry leaves, asofoetida, pumpkin and little salt and sauté on a medium flame for few seconds.
- Add ½ cup of water, mix well and cover with a lid and cook on a medium flame for 7 to 8 minutes, while stirring occasionally and mashing it lightly with the back of a spoon.
- Add the curd-coconut milk mixture, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 4 to 5 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Refrigerate for at least an hour.
- Serve chilled garnished with coriander.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.