kaddu ka bharta recipe | Rajasthani bhopla bharta | red pumpkin mashed sabzi
by Tarla Dalal
કદ્દૂ કા ભરતા
- ગુજરાતી માં વાંચો (Kaddu Ka Bharta ( Swadisht Subzian) in Gujarati)
Added to 77 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 51236 times
kaddu ka bharta recipe | Rajasthani bhopla bharta | healthy red pumpkin mashed sabzi | with 20 amazing images.
kaddu ka bharta is a tasty Indian dish made with kaddu, spices and herbs. It is a popular North Indian dinner dish. Learn how to make red pumpkin mashed sabzi.
kaddu ka bharta is a slightly mushy vegetable-based dish that tastes heavenly when served with steaming hot rice, or Indian breads too.
While you might have surely tasted the famous Baingan Bharta, here is something new for you to try. A delicious Rajasthani bhopla bharta made of juicy red pumpkins!
The mild sweetness of the pumpkins is beautifully balanced in red pumpkin mashed sabzi by a mixture of seeds and spice powders, especially the tangy dry mango powder.
kaddu ka bharta is high in Vitamin A, Magnesium.
Serve the kaddu ka bharta fresh off the stove, garnished with peppy coriander.
Enjoy kaddu ka bharta recipe | Rajasthani bhopla bharta | healthy red pumpkin mashed sabzi | with step by step photos.
- To make the kaddu ka bharta recipe, heat the oil in a pressure cooker and add the cumin seeds. When the seeds crackle fennel seeds, nigella seeds and fenugreek seeds.
- Add the onions and sauté till they turn translucent.
- Add the pumpkin, asafoetida, turmeric powder, chilli powder and salt with ½ cup of water, mix well and pressure cook for 2 to 3 whistles so that the pumpkin becomes mushy.
- Add the amchur and mix well. Simmer till the oil separates from the pumpkin.
- Serve kaddu ka bharta hot, garnished with the coriander.
Kaddu ka Bharta (Recipe to avoid acidity) Video by Tarla Dalal
Kaddu Ka Bharta ( Swadisht Subzian) recipe with step by step photos
like kaddu ka bharta recipe | Rajasthani bhopla bharta | red pumpkin mashed sabzi | then see our collection of Rajasthani sabzis and some recipes we love.
what is kaddu ka bharta made of ? See below image of list of ingredients for kaddu ka bharta sabzi.
To make kaddu ka bharta recipe | bhopla bharta | red pumpkin mashed sabzi | heat 2 tbsp coconut oil or oil in a pressure cooker. Use coconut oil for a healthier life and say no to processed seed oils.
Add 1 tsp cumin seeds (jeera).
Let the seeds crackle.
Add 1 tsp fennel seeds (saunf).
Add 1/2 tsp nigella seeds (kalonji).
Add 1/4 tsp fenugreek (methi) seeds.
Add 1/2 cup chopped onions.
Sauté on medium heat till they turn translucent.
Add 4 cups chopped red pumpkin (bhopla / kaddu).
Add 1/4 tsp asafoetida (hing).
Add 1/2 tsp turmeric powder (haldi).
Add 2 tsp chilli powder.
Add salt to taste. We added 3/4th tsp salt.
Add ½ cup of water.
Pressure cook for 2 to 3 whistles so that the pumpkin becomes a little mushy. This depends on the consistency of the bharta you want.
After pressure cooking.
Add 2 tsp dried mango powder (amchur).
Simmer on medium heat for about 2 minutes till the oil separates from the pumpkin.
Serve kaddu ka bharta | bhopla bharta | red pumpkin mashed sabzi | hot, garnished with the coriander.
Use coconut oil for a healthier life and say no to processed seed oils.
Kaddu ka Bharta is high in Vitamin A, Magnesium.
- Vitamin A : Vitamin A is crucial for healthy vision, cell growth and healthy skin. 158% of RDA.
- Magnesium : Magnesium is required for formation of bones and teeth. It helps in the metabolism of calcium and potassium. % of RDA. magnesium rich Indian foods like leafy vegetables (palak, broccoli, kale), pulses ( rajma, chawli, moong ), nuts (walnuts, almonds) , cereals ( jowar, bajra, whole wheat flour, dalia). 19% of RDA.
kaddu ka bharta for acidity. Kaddu, the nice and sweet red pumpkin, is God's answer to acidity! The alkali producing vegetable, prepared in this delicious form, is sure to earn great fanfare amongst those facing acidity problems. Just use 1/2 tsp chilli powder in the recipe above.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
Missed out on our mailers?
Our mailers are now online!
View Mailer Archive
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.