Bengali Style Soya Subzi
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 41 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 85824 times
A lovely subzi recipe from West Bengal. Big cubes of potatoes are deep-fried and mixed with marinated soya chunks. Irresistible, really! I have used soya milk and curds to marinate the chunks. Soya milk is easily available these days in different flavours; however for the subzi make sure you use unsweetened plain soya milk.
- Combine the curds, soya milk, salt and ¼ teaspoon turmeric powder in a bowl and mix well.
- Add the soya chunks and mix well. Keep aside to marinate for atleast 10 to 15 minutes.
- Heat the soya oil in a kadhai, add the potatoes and deep-fry till they turn light brown in colour. Drain on absorbent paper and keep aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of soya oil in another kadhai, add the onion paste, ginger-garlic paste, cloves, cinnamon, bayleaf and cardamom and sauté till the onion paste turns golden brown in colour.
- Add the remaining ¼ teaspoon of turmeric powder, green chillies, sugar and salt, mix well and cook for 5 minutes while stirring continuously.
- Add the marinated soya chunks and cover and cook for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Add the potatoes and soya milk, mix well and cook for another 2 to 3 minutes.
- Serve hot garnished with coriander.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
Missed out on our mailers?
Our mailers are now online!
View Mailer Archive
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.