Quick Rice Dosa
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 429 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 106407 times
As this dosa requires no soaking or fermenting, it can be prepared in a jiffy when you are in need of a quick meal.
The addition of cooked rice makes the dosas soft despite not soaking the raw rice. Quick rice dosa should be had immediately with sambhar and chutney.
- Combine the raw rice, coconut, cooked rice and ½ cup of water in a mixer and blend till smooth.
- Transfer the mixture into a deep bowl, add the salt and approx. 5 tbsp of water and mix well. Cover with a lid and keep it aside for 10 minutes.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle), sprinkle a little water on it and wipe it off gently using a muslin cloth.
- Pour a ladleful of the batter on it and spread it in a circular motion to make a 125 mm. (5”) diameter circle.
- Smear a little butter over it and along the edges and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes. Take care to see that the dosa does not become crisp as this is a soft dosa.
- Fold over to make a semi-circle or a roll.
- Repeat with the remaining batter to make 7 more dosas.
- Serve immediately with sambhar, coconut chutney and coriander onion chutney.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.