Hara Chana Coconut Curry with Methi Muthia
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 651 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 51073 times
When you deep-fry dumplings of fenugreek leaves bound together by wheat flour and besan, you get really tasty Methi Muthias. These muthias have a wonderful crispness, an enjoyable level of bitterness and a mildly spicy flavour.
They get even better when served in the Hara Chana Coconut Curry, which is a delicious preparation of cooked chana in a base of coconut milk, flavoured with a green paste made of spinach, coriander, ginger, green chillies and other ingredients.
This gives the curry a blend of flavours, ranging from the peppiness of coriander to the soothing taste of coconut milk. Keep the muthias and the coconut curry ready, but re-heat the curry and add the muthias to it just before serving.
All in all a completely lip smacking preparation which goes well with rice as well as parathas .
- Combine all the ingredients in a deep bowl and mix well using approx. 2 tbsp of water.
- Divide the mixture into 18 equal portions and shape each into round balls.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan, deep-fry a few methi muthias at a time, till they turn golden brown in colour from all the sides. Drain on an absorbent paper. Keep aside.
- Combine the coconut milk and cornflour in a bowl, mix well and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan, add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the prepared paste and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add the boiled chana, coconut milk- cornflour mixture, salt and ¼ cup of water, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 5 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Just before serving, re-heat the hara chana coconut curry, add the prepared methi muthias, mix gently and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve immediately garnished with coriander.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||703.4 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.2 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.2 mg|
|Vitamin B3||2 mg|
|Vitamin C||11.6 mg|
|Folic Acid||24 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.