Paneer Tamatar Paratha
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 143 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 63615 times
paneer tamatar paratha recipe | healthy tomato paneer paratha | stuffed tomato paratha |
paneer tamatar paratha is an interesting variation of the paneer paratha with the zest and tang of tomatoes.
Paneer is a weight-watchers delight. It is high in protein and low in carbs. In tomato paneer paratha we have used low fat paneer to restrict the amount of fat. If you wish you can use regular paneer also. Benefit from the protein as well as calcium paneer lends.
The tomatoes and capsicum used in the stuffing of these healthy paratha are a good source of antioxidants vitamin A, Vitamin C , lycopene and capsaicin. All this together will boost your immunity and also protect and maintain the lining of the heart. They also add glow to your skin and prevent wrinkles.
To make paneer tamatar paratha, knead a semi soft dough of wheat flour, salt and little oil first. Then combine paneer, capsicum, tomatoes, green chillies, coriander and salt and make the stuffing. Divide dough and stuffing into 10 equal portions. Roll a portion of the dough into a 150 mm. (6”) diameter circle using a little wheat flour for rolling. Spread a portion of the stuffing on half of the circle and fold it over to make a semi-circle. Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and cook the paratha, using ¼ tsp of oil, till golden brown spots appear on both the sides. Repeat steps 3 and 4 to make 9 more parathas. Serve paneer tamatar paratha immediately.
Minimum oil has been used to knead the dough and cook the stuffed tomato paratha, making it a weight-watchers delight. The fiber in it also suitable for diabetics to manage their blood sugar levels.
Tips for paneer tamatar paratha. 1. Use fresh and soft paneer for this recipe. Dry paneer might not bind the veggies well. 2. Make the stuffing just before rolling and cooking, else it might release water and make the stuffing moist. This will further make rolling difficult. 3. Serve it immediately for best flavour and texture.
Enjoy paneer tamatar paratha recipe | healthy tomato paneer paratha | stuffed tomato paratha | with recipe below.
- Combine all the ingredients in a deep bowl and knead into a semi-soft dough using enough water.
- Cover the dough with a lid and keep aside for 15 minutes.
- Knead again using ¼ tsp oil till smooth.
- To make paneer tamatar paratha, divide the stuffing into 10 equal portions and keep aside.
- Divide the dough into 10 equal portions.
- Roll a portion of the dough into a 150 mm. (6”) diameter circle using a little wheat flour for rolling. Spread a portion of the stuffing on half of the circle and fold it over to make a semi-circle.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and cook the paratha, using ¼ tsp of oil, till golden brown spots appear on both the sides.
- Repeat steps 3 and 4 to make 9 more parathas.
- Serve the paneer tamatar paratha immediately.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per paratha
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.