Paneer Tamatar Paratha
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 135 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 52314 times
Paneer Tamatar Paratha, is an interesting variation of the paneer paratha with the zest and tang of tomatoes. Minimum oil has been used to knead the dough and cook the parathas, making it a weight-watchers delight.
- Combine all the ingredients in a deep bowl and knead into a semi-soft dough using enough water.
- Cover the dough with a lid and keep aside for 15 minutes.
- Knead again using ¼ tsp oil till smooth.
- Divide the stuffing into 10 equal portions and keep aside.
- Divide the dough into 10 equal portions.
- Roll a portion of the dough into a 150 mm. (6”) diameter circle using a little wheat flour for rolling. Spread a portion of the stuffing on half of the circle and fold it over to make a semi-circle.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and cook the paratha, using ¼ tsp of oil, till golden brown spots appear on both the sides.
- Repeat steps 3 and 4 to make 9 more parathas.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values Per paratha
|Energy|| 82 kcal|
|Protein|| 3.7 gm|
|Carbohydrate|| 21.3 gm|
|Fat|| 1.1 gm|
|Fibre|| 0.6 gm|
|Calcium|| 81.3 mg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.