Low Calorie Rotis and Low Cal Parathas Recipes
low calorie rots. low calorie paratha collection. When we think of rotis and parathas, we all are aware of the fact that the first cereal to be avoided is plain flour or what we commonly term as ‘maida’ and replace it with fiber rich whole wheat flour. This section precisely makes use of wheat flour. However replacing wheat flour with other cereals like ragi, bajra, jowar, soya etc is equally important to get some share of other nutrients like iron, calcium and protein too. And on days when you want a complete low carbohydrate, protein rich boost, try out recipe of Almond Bhakri.
Almond Bhakri, Gluten Free Almond Bhakri
5 points to keep in mind while including these cereals in your weight loss diet:
1. To cook them very little fat and if possible with peanut oil or olive oil.
2. Avoid addition of fat laden ghee and butter while kneading the dough for the roti / paratha.
3. Always add one vegetable to the roti dough to make up for your vitamins and minerals.
4. Serve and enjoy them immediately as they are cooked in less fat, they might turn chewy with time.
5. Serve with low fat curds to get some protein with your carbs.
5 Low Calorie Roti Recipes
1. Make your rotis more healthful by adding a combination of grain flours to it, just like this recipe for Multigrain Roti that has a variety of flours of grains like jowar, bajra, ragi and Bengal gram are combined with Indian spices to give it a nice traditional flavour.
Multigrain Roti, Healthy Multigrain Chapati
2. Try your hands on making this Nachni and Onion Roti flavoured with onions, coriander and green chillies, tastes delicious when served steaming hot right from the tava. Combine this Nachni and Onion Roti with a choice of your subzi or accompaniment and enjoy!
Nachni and Onion Roti
3. Did you know? You could make rotis using oats? Here we have a low calorie recipe which has added oats in it and it’s called Methi Oats Roti. Perked up with methi it is a really good option for weight watchers and diabetics.
Methi Oats Roti
4. Oats Roti : This healthy oats roti has 88 calories per roti. To whole wheat flour we add oats, onions, green chillies and coriander to make the dough for oats chapatti. Then the oats chapatti is cooked on a non stick tava.
5. Doodhi theplas : We have created a healthy doodhi thepla that is full of protein, calcium and fibre. You'll be amazed at how easily this traditional Gujarati dish can be made 'healthy' by reducing the oil that is considered so essential to cook them. One Doodhi Theplas gives 65 calories.
5 Low Calorie Paratha Recipes
Add high quality proteins to your parathas by adding good quality protein ingredients like milk, curd, buttermilk, paneer and egg.
1. Methi Paneer Paratha is a quite popular and flavourful low calorie paratha because low fat paneer is used for its preparation perked up with methi leaves.
Methi Paneer Paratha
2. Another tasty paratha is Besan Paratha which is healthy as it is loaded with fibre, iron and B-complex vitamins. Combine this yummy paratha with a healthy raita or dal to enhance its taste. One Besan Paratha gives 151 calories.
Besan Paratha, Zero Oil Besan Paratha
3. Green Pea Parathas are healthy low cal enriched with nourishing green pea puree which also adds fibre and protein to it. It is also cooked with very little amount of oil and low fat curds which make it low in calories.
Matar Paratha, Matar ka Paratha for Weight Loss
4. Carrot Paratha : The sweet taste of carrots perked up with crunchy onions and spicy ingredients like ginger and green chillies makes these whole wheat parathas truly awesome. One Carrot Paratha gives 136 calories.
5. Paushtik paratha is made from a dough of whole wheat flour, besan to which palak, carrots, curds and green chilli paste is added. The dough is then divided into 15 portions and cooked on a non stick tawa to make healthy paushtic paratha. One Paushtic Paratha gives 75 calories.
These variety of flavoured low calorie rotis and parathas are sure to please your palate. Enjoy our other low calorie categories given below:
Low Calorie Chutneys
Low Calorie Dals, Kadhis
Low Calorie Salads & Raitas
Low Calorie Subzis