How many calories does one Doodhi Theplas have?
One Doodhi Theplas gives 65 calories. Out of which carbohydrates comprise 78 calories, proteins account for 9 calories and remaining calories come from fat which is 6 calories. One Doodhi Theplas provides about 3 percent of the total daily calorie requirement of a standard adult diet of 2,000 calories.
See Doodhi Theplas recipe. This is the real thing - a healthy snack that is full of protein, calcium and fibre. You'll be amazed at how easily this traditional Gujarati dish can be made 'healthy' by skipping the oil that is considered so essential to cook them. They also make a great travelling snack, as they stay well for a couple of days without refrigeration.
Is Doodhi Theplas healthy?
Yes, this is healthy.
Let's understand the Ingredients.
1.Doodhi (bottle gourd, lauki) : With extremely low levels of sodium, this doodhi is highly suitable for those with high BP. It helps reduce blood cholesterol levels and regulate blood pressure and ensures a proper blood flow to heart and they're onwards to all parts of the body. It helps prevent acidity and good for diabetics. See the 10 benefits of bottlegourd article for complete information.
2. Whole Wheat flour : Whole wheat flour is excellent for diabetics as they will not shoot up your blood sugar levels as they are a low GI food. Whole wheat flour is rich in Phosphorus which is a major mineral which works closely with calcium to build our bones. Vitamin B9 helps your body to produce and maintain new cells, especially increase red blood cells. See detailed benefits of whole wheat flour and why it's good for you.
3. Curd + Low fat Curds : Curds help in digestion as it has very good bacteria. Probiotics in curds acts as a mild laxative but, in case of diarrhoea and dysentery, it is a boon, if curd is used with rice.They help in weight reduction, good for your heart and build immunity. The only difference between curds and low fat curds is the fat level. Read the benefits of curds to include in your daily diet.
Can diabetics, heart patients and over weight individuals have Doodhi Theplas ?
Yes, this is healthy. Whole wheat flour is excellent for diabetics as they will not shoot up your blood sugar levels as they are a low GI food. With extremely low levels of sodium, this doodhi is highly suitable for those with high BP. It helps reduce blood cholesterol levels and regulate blood pressure and ensures a proper blood flow to heart.
What is a healthy accompaniment to this thepla?
We suggest you pair it with homemade curds using cows milk or low fat curds or or a low fat cucumber raita.
Basic Homemade Curd, Dahi Or Yogurt Using Cow's Milk
Can healthy individuals have Doodhi Theplas ?
Yes, this is healthy.
Doodhi Theplas is good for
1. Healthy Recipes Lifestyle
2. Healthy heart rotis
3. Diabetics with heart issues
4. Diabetic rotis
5. High fibre to lower cholesterol
6. Low cholesterol rotis
7. High fibre for kids
How to burn 65 calories that come from Doodhi Theplas?
Walking (6 kmph) = 20 mins
Running (11 kmph) = 7 mins
Cycling (30 kmph) = 9 mins
Swimming (2 kmph) = 11 mins
Note: These values are approximate and calorie burning differs in each individual.