How many calories does One Fried Egg have?
One Fried Egg gives 109 calories. Out of which carbohydrates comprise 0 calories, proteins account for 27 calories and remaining calories come from fat which is 82 calories. One Fried Egg provides about 5 percent of the total daily calorie requirement of a standard adult diet of 2,000 calories.
See Fried Egg recipe. Start your day tastefully, with this delicious Fried Egg for breakfast. It is a yummy dish made by frying egg on a non-stick tava and seasoning it with everyday spices.
Is Fried Egg healthy?
Yes, this is healthy. But restrictions apply to some.
Let's understand the Ingredients.
7 Health Benefits of Eggs
1. Eggs are an inexpensive good quality protein rich foods with all the 9 essential amino acids. One egg (50 g) contains approximately 87 calories and 6.7 g of protein. For those who stay clear of non-vegetarian foods like meat and fish, can rely on eggs as a source of complete protein.
2. Moreover they are a fairly good source of calcium, vitamin D and phosphorus… All these nutrients along with protein work towards building strong bones and preventing osteoporosis.
3. Eggs are also rich in vitamins like Vitamin A (necessary of healthy eyes) and B vitamins (vitamin B2, B3, B6 and B9).
4. The iron present in it will ensure a good supply of oxygen to prevent fatigue throughout the day.
5. Eggs give a high satiety value, while they add only fewer calories,. Thus they avoid unnecessary bingeing and thus promote weight loss too. Scrambled and boiled eggs should be preferred over the fried option. The reason is quite clear – none of us want to increase the waistline.
6. Eggs are considered as brain food due to the presence of choline in them. This benefits us by increasing the concentration by keeping the brain cells well-nourished.
7. Eggs are incredibly good source of antioxidants lutein and zeaxanthin, which is known to protects against macular degeneration in the eyes and delay the onset of cataract. They also reduce the inflammation in the body and scavenge the free radicals, thus protecting all the organs and cells of the body.
Olive Oil : Olive oil is a strong antioxidant and good for heart. Also its has anti inflammation properties. This is one of the healthiest oil you can opt for. It has around 77% of MUFA. Olive oil, especially the extra virgin olive oil, is unrefined oil in its natural state and free of chemicals. Moreover, olive oil also possess polyphenols – a type of antioxidant which protects body cells and maintains heart health as well. Popular in Mediterranean cooking, this oil works best for salad dressings or quick sautéing recipes. They cannot be used for prolonged cooking at high temperatures.Note that its a fat at the end of the day so don't consume too much. Read the super article of which oil is the healthiest avoid vegetable oil.
Can diabetics, heart patients and over weight individuals have Fried Egg ?
Yes, this recipe is good for diabetics, heart and weight loss. Eggs are on the most nourishing foods you can rely on for breakfast. When served in the form of Fried Eggs, they add very few calories but a very good dose of protein, B vitamins, calcium, vitamin A, phosphorus and iron too. Eggs are considered as brain food due to the presence of choline in them. Olive oil is a strong antioxidant and good for heart. Also its has anti inflammation properties. This is one of the healthiest oil you can opt for.
Fried Egg is high in
1. Folic Acid : Folic acid is an essential vitamin required throughout pregnancy.
Note : a recipe is deemed high in a Vitamin or mineral if it meets 20% and above the recommended daily allowance based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
How to burn 109 calories that come from Fried Egg?
Walking (6 kmph) = 33 mins
Running (11 kmph) = 11 mins
Cycling (30 kmph) = 15 mins
Swimming (2 kmph) = 19 mins
Note: These values are approximate and calorie burning differs in each individual.