How many calories does one Paushtic Paratha have?
One Paushtic Paratha gives 75 calories. Out of which carbohydrates comprise 46 calories, proteins account for 10 calories and remaining calories come from fat which is 21 calories. One Paushtic Paratha provides about 4 percent of the total daily calorie requirement of a standard adult diet of 2,000 calories.
See Paushtic Paratha recipe.
Parathas are always a great food to serve to kids, because you can stuff them with all the nice veggies, dals, paneer or whatever you wish your kids would eat! The combination of carrot and spinach suggested for this whole wheat Paushtic Paratha is not only wholesome but also tasty and colourful, so your kids are surely love it. Make sure you add curds while making the dough as it helps keep the parathas soft. Also serve with a bowlful of curd to enrich these folic acid and vitamin A rich parathas with protein and calcium too.
Is Paushtic Paratha healthy?
Yes, this is healthy.
Let's understand the Ingredients.
1. Whole Wheat flour : Whole wheat flour is excellent for diabetics as they will not shoot up your blood sugar levels as they are a low GI food. Whole wheat flour is rich in Phosphorus which is a major mineral which works closely with calcium to build our bones. Vitamin B9 helps your body to produce and maintain new cells, especially increase red blood cells. See detailed benefits of whole wheat flour and why it's good for you.
2. Carrots (gajjar) : Carrots have the nutrient Beta Carotene which is a form of Vitamin A, helps prevent deterioration of the eye as one gets older and prevents night blindness. Carrot is great for the eyes.They relieve constipation, lower blood pressure, have fibre and lower cholesterol. Read the 11 super benefiits of carrots and why to include in your daily diet.
3. Spinach (Palak) : Spinach is one of the richest plant sources of Iron and it should be part of a healthy diet for everyone. Raw spinach is very rich in insoluble fibre, 25% having soluble fiber and 75% insoluble fiber. Spinach is good for the heart, diabetics and eyes. Read this on the 17 benefits of spinach and why you should eat it.
4. Besan : Besan has more good fat than whole wheat flour and also higher protein content. Rich in complex carbohydrates and with a low glycemic index, besan is good for diabetics too. Besan is high in Folate or folic acid, which is important for rapid growth and multiplication of red blood cells and white blood cells (WBC) in the bone marrow. Rich in complex carbohydrates and with a low glycemic index, besan is good for diabetics too. See detailed benefits of besan and why it's good for you.
Can diabetics, heart patients and over weight individuals have Paushtic Paratha ?
Yes, this recipe is good for diabetics, heart and weight loss. Whole wheat flour is excellent for diabetics as they will not shoot up your blood sugar levels as they are a low GI food. Carrots relieve constipation, lower blood pressure, have fibre and lower cholesterol. Besan rich in complex carbohydrates and with a low glycemic index, besan is good for diabetics too.
Can healthy individuals have Paushtic Paratha ?
Yes, this recipe is good.
What is a healthy accompaniment to this paratha?
We suggest you pair it with homemade curds using cows milk or low fat curds or a low fat cucumber raita.
Cucumber and Pudina Raita
Paushtic Paratha is good for
1. Healthy Recipes Lifestyle
2. Healthy heart rotis
3. Diabetics with heart issues
4. Diabetic rotis
5. High fibre to lower cholesterol
6. Low cholesterol rotis
7. High fibre for kids
How to burn 75 calories that come from Paushtic Parathas?
Walking (6 kmph) = 23 mins
Running (11 kmph) = 8 mins
Cycling (30 kmph) = 10 mins
Swimming (2 kmph) = 13 mins
Note: These values are approximate and calorie burning differs in each individual.