Nutritional Facts of Matar Paratha, Matar ka Paratha for Weight Loss, Calories in Matar Paratha, Matar ka Paratha for Weight Loss

by Tarla Dalal
This calorie page has been viewed 1508 times

Course
Dinner

How many calories does one Matar Paratha have?

One Matar Paratha gives 67 calories. Out of which carbohydrates comprise 47 calories, proteins account for 10 calories and remaining calories come from fat which is 10 calories. One Matar Paratha provides about 3 percent of the total daily calorie requirement of a standard adult diet of 2,000 calories.

See recipe Matar Paratha | Punjabi matar ka paratha | green pea paratha | heathy matar paratha for weight loss | with amazing 19 images.

matar paratha is a Punjabi matar ka paratha which is an Indian unleavened flatbread made with whole wheat flour, green peas, low fat curds, green chillies and ajwain.

This matar paratha is a perfect heathy matar paratha for weight loss as it is made from 100% whole wheat flour. Parathas are always a great food to serve to kids, because you can stuff them with all the nice veggies, dals, paneer or whatever you wish your kids would eat. If you are watching weight and craving for parathas this is definitely a go-to recipe!

Green peas are good for weight loss, good source of vegetarian protein, has insoluble fibre to relieve constipation.

Punjabi matar ka paratha made from whole wheat flour is excellent for diabetics as they will not shoot up your blood sugar levels as they are a low GI food. Green peas have a Glycemic Index (GI) rank of 22 which is low and good for diabetics and weight loss and good source of vegetarian protein, has insoluble fibre to relieve constipation.

We have used peanut oil for making our heathy matar paratha. Peanut oil has the highest amount of MUFA (around 49%) amongst all the other remaining common cooking oils. The remaining 51% is PUFA and SFA. Most households in western India use peanut oil as a cooking medium. If you want an option, then you can use ghee which is very healthy.

We have used low fat curds in this green pea paratha and suggested the usage of peanut oil as it has higher MUFA than other vegetable oils.

So enjoy this matar paratha for weight loss and serve with low fat curds.

Low Fat Curds

Low Fat Curds

Is Matar Paratha healthy?

Yes, this is healthy.

Let's understand the Ingredients.

What's good.

1. Whole Wheat flour : Whole wheat flour is excellent for diabetics as they will not shoot up your blood sugar levels as they are a low GI food.  Whole wheat flour is rich in Phosphorus which is a major mineral which works closely with calcium to build our bonesVitamin B9 helps your body to produce and maintain new cells, especially increase red blood cells. See detailed 11 benefits of whole wheat flour and why it's good for you.

2. Green Peas : Green peas are good for weight loss, good source of vegetarian protein, has insoluble fibre to relieve constipation. Legumes like green peas, cow peas, mung, chick peas and kidney beans have a cholesterol lowering effect. Green Peas are rich in Vitamin K which aids in bone metabolism. Green peas have a Glycemic Index (GI) rank of 22 which is low and good for diabetics.  Is green peas good for diabetics and see full benefits of green peas

3. Green Chillies : Antioxidant vitamin C in green chillies protects the body from effects of harmful free radicals and prevents stress. It is probably the high fiber which helps in controlling blood sugar levels. This it is a welcome addition to a diabetic diet. Suffering from anaemia? Add green chillies to your list of iron rich foods too. For complete details see benefits of green chilli

4. Curd + Low fat Curds :  Curds help in digestion as it has very good bacteria. Probiotics in curds acts as a mild laxative but, in case of diarrhoea and dysentery, it is a boon, if curd is used with rice. Curd is one of the richest source of proteincalcium and minerals. They help in weight reduction, good for your heart and build immunity. Being low in sodium, it is safe to be eaten by individuals with high blood pressure. The only difference between curds and low fat curds is the fat level. Read the benefits of curds to include in your daily diet. 

5. Benefits of Carom Seeds, Ajwain : carom seeds are good for digestion. Its active compound thymol helps in the secretion of digestive juices in the stomach which prevents indigestion. To overcome stomach pain, acidity, bloating and flatulence ajwain is a very good remedy. Ajwain water is also known to help boost metabolism and aid in weight loss. Including ajwain in the form of Ajwain Roti will be good for those suffering from high BP. See here detailed benefits of carom seeds, ajwain.

6. Peanut Oil : Peanut oil has the highest amount of MUFA (around 49%) amongst most Indian common cooking oils. The remaining 51% is PUFA and SFA. Most households in western Indian use peanut oil as a cooking medium. If you have to choose amongst the cooking oils, after avocado oil and coconut oil, this peanut oil gets a spot-on. But when compared to other MUFA based oils, this oil is considered to be high in omega-6 fatty acids, which often may tend to harm your body without you realizing it. Read the super article of  which oil is the healthiest avoid vegetable oil

Note : 1 cup = 200 ml (standard cup available in the market). The weight in grams varies for each ingredient.

Can diabetics, heart patients and overweight individuals have Matar Paratha?

Yes, this recipe is good for diabetics, heart and weight loss. Green peas are good for weight loss, good source of vegetarian protein.

Can healthy individuals have Matar Paratha?

Yes, this is helathy Paratha. 

One Matar Paratha is high in

1. Fiber : Dietary fiber reduce the risk of heart disease, prevent the spike in blood sugar levels and hence super for diabetics. Consume more fruits, vegetables, moong, oats, matki, whole grains.

2. Vitamin B1 : Vitamin B1 protects nerves, helps in carbohydrate metabolism, prevents heart diseases and helps produce red blood cells. 

3.  Phosphorus Phosphorous works closely with calcium to build bones. 

Note : a recipe is deemed high in a Vitamin or mineral if it meets 20% and above the recommended daily allowance based on a 2,000 calorie diet.

{ad7}

How to burn 67 calories that come from one Matar Paratha?

Walking (6 kmph) = 20 mins
Running (11 kmph) = 7 mins
Cycling (30 kmph) = 9 mins
Swimming (2 kmph) = 11 mins

Note: These values are approximate and calorie burning differs in each individual.

Value per % Daily Values
Energy67 cal3%
Protein2.7 g5%
Carbohydrates11.8 g4%
Fiber2.8 g11%
Fat1.3 g2%
Cholesterol0 mg0%
VITAMINS
Vitamin A28.5 mcg1%
Vitamin B1 (Thiamine)0.1 mg10%
Vitamin B2 (Riboflavin)0 mg0%
Vitamin B3 (Niacin)0.6 mg5%
Vitamin C1.3 mg3%
Vitamin E0.1 mg1%
Folic Acid (Vitamin B9)5.9 mcg3%
MINERALS
Calcium13.5 mg2%
Iron0.8 mg4%
Magnesium22.4 mg6%
Phosphorus66.4 mg11%
Sodium5.2 mg0%
Potassium52 mg1%
Zinc0.3 mg3%
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Subscribe to the free food mailer

Healthy Diabetic Breakfast Recipes

Missed out on our mailers?
Our mailers are now online!

View Mailer Archive

Privacy Policy: We never give away your email

REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.

Login Name
Password

Forgot Login / Passowrd?Click here

If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.

Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.

Are you sure you want to delete this review ?