by Tarla Dalal
Added to 33 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 40171 times
Makhani gravy is perfectly complemented by the earthy spices and herbs, which are in turn mellowed with fresh cream.
- Combine the tomatoes, cloves, cashewnuts and oil with ¼ cup of water and blend in a mixer to a smooth pulp.
- Strain the pulp using a strainer and keep aside.
- Melt the butter in a broad pan and add the cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the ginger-garlic paste and sauté on a medium flame for 30 seconds.
- Add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the strained tomato pulp, chilli powder, fresh cream, garam masala, dried fenugreek leaves, tomato ketchup, sugar and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 3 to 4 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Keep aside to cool. Blend in a mixer till smooth.
- Use as required.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per tbsp
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.