Mushroom Mutter Makhani ( Microwave Recipe )
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 30 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 23069 times
This popular north indian delight can be made perfectly using the microwave oven, provided you remember a few nuances mentioned here. Make the paste very smooth, ensure that you add the masalas and microwave for five more minutes to harness the full potential of the spices, and take care to discard the water from the marinade to make the vegetables less watery. The outcome will steal your heart and that of your fellow diners! what’s more, this is quite a robust recipe and can even be made with mixed veggies instead of mushroom.
- Combine all the ingredients along with ¼ cup of water in a microwave safe bowl and microwave on high for 2 minutes.
- Cool and blend the mixture in a mixer to make a smooth taste. Keep aside.
- Combine the mushrooms with ½ cup of water in a microwave safe bowl and microwave on high for 2 minutes. Drain and keep aside.
- Combine the green peas and ½ cup of water in a microwave safe bowl and microwave on high for 3 minutes. Strain and keep aside.
- Put the oil in a microwave safe bowl and microwave on high for 1 minute.
- Add the cumin seeds and microwave on high for 1 minute.
- Add the onions and microwave on high for 2 minutes, stirring once in between after 1 minute.
- Add the prepared paste, chilli powder, coriander powder and turmeric powder, mix well and microwave on high for 5 minutes.
- Add the cream, garam masala, sugar, dried fenugreek leaves and ¼ cup of water, mix well and microwave on high for another 1 minute.
- Add the salt, mushrooms and green peas, mix well and microwave on high for 4 minutes.
- Serve immediately garnished with coriander.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||349.3 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.2 mg|
|Vitamin B3||1.7 mg|
|Vitamin C||23.7 mg|
|Folic Acid||29.7 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.