Basic Pasanda Gravy, Restaurant Style Pasanda Gravy Recipe
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 92 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 71565 times
Basic Pasanda Gravy, this unique gravy is made using browned onions and boiled onion paste, thus giving it a pale whitish colour. It is enriched with cashewnuts which masks the mild spicy taste of the gravy. It is a versatile gravy and can be used with other vegetables besides the classic “paneer” combination.
- Combine all the ingredients in a deep non-stick pan with ¾ cup of water, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 6 minutes, while stirring occasionally. Keep aside to cool slightly.
- Blend in a mixer to a smooth paste. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick kadhai, add the onions and deep-fry on a medium flame, till they turn golden brown in colour. Drain on an absorbent paper.
- Combine the onions and 2 tbsp of water in a mixer and blend to a smooth paste. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick kadhai, add the onion and cashew paste and cook on a medium flame for a 2 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Add the chilli powder and garam masala, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Lower the flame, add the curds, mix well and cook for 2 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Add the prepared brown onion paste and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute, while stirring continuously.
- Use as required.
- Use this gravy on the same day to make recipes like paneer tikki pasanda, if you wish to store it in the deep-freezer for a few weeks ensure that you avoid adding curds as they may get spoilt on storing.
- Cool the gravy completely, pour in food-grade zip lock bags or airtight containers and store under refrigerated conditions. While making the subzi using the stored gravy, thaw and use it as per the recipe.
- Towards the end, add the curds, mix well and simmer for 2 to 3 minutes.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per cup
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.