Paneer in Coconut Gravy
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 261 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 60539 times
The combination of onion-green chilli-ginger paste with coconut milk makes paneer in coconut gravy taste like a variety of keralite-stew. It goes well with roti and rice, and is very comforting if served hot, with a generous sprinkling of coriander, on a cold winter’s day!
- Heat 2 tbsp of oil in a kadhai, add the paneer cubes and sauté on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes or till they turn light brown in colour. Remove and keep aside.
- Add the remaining 1 tbsp of oil in the same kadhai and add the cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the prepared paste and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the coconut milk and cornflour-water mixture, mix well and cook on a medium flame for another 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Add the paneer, coriander and salt, mix gently and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.