Lachko Dal ( Gujarati Recipe)
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
- हिन्दी में पढ़ें (Lachko Dal ( Gujarati Recipe) in Hindi)
Added to 149 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 68967 times
Lachko is a feel-good dish in every respect, and usually features along with osaman in a gujarati menu. This sweet and thick yellow dal is generally served with rice as well as oodles of ghee to add to the aroma and flavour. The lachko dal and rice combo is similar to the maharashtrian varan bhaat.
- Combine the dal with 1½ cups of water and pressure cook for 2 to 3 whistles. Keep aside.
- Heat the ghee in a deep pan and add the cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the dal, turmeric powder, jaggery and salt, mix well and simmer for 8 to 10 minutes or till the dal thickens, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot with rice and ghee.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.