Fried Coconut Chutney, South Indian Recipe
by Tarla Dalal
फ्राईड कोकोनट चटनी
- हिन्दी में पढ़ें (Fried Coconut Chutney, South Indian Recipe in Hindi)
Added to 82 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 69019 times
Breakfast, lunch or dinner, one chutney or the other is usually required to be served – either to accompany idlis , dosas and other tiffin varieties, or as a side dish for rice preparations. With coconut being an easily-available ingredient in the south, coconut-based chutneys are quite common.
- Combine the chana dal, urad dal, red chillies and tamarind in a broad non-stick pan and dry roast on a medium flame for 4 minutes or till they turn light pink in colour or till the flavour releases, while stirring continuously. Remove and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in the same broad non-stick pan, add the coconut and sauté on a medium flame for 7 minutes or till it turns golden brown in colour, while stirring continuously. Keep aside.
- When cooled, combine all the ingredients together with salt and ¾ cup water, blend in a mixer till coarse.
- Store in an air-tight container and use as required.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per tbsp
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.