Coconut Chutney ( Desi Khana)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 344 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 162624 times
Coconut chutney is to south indians what green and sweet chutneys are to the north. It is served almost every day as a part of the breakfast spread, and sometimes at lunch and dinner times too, if there is any kind of snack being served. It goes well with fried snacks like vada, as well as with steamed delicacies like idli, dosa and upma.
- Combine the coconut, coriander, roasted chana dal, green chillies, 4 curry leaves, salt and a little water and blend in a mixer till smooth.
- Transfer the chutney into a bowl and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a small non-stick pan and add the mustard seeds and urad dal.
- When the mustard seeds crackle, add the asafoetida, remaining 4 curry leaves and red chillies and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds
- Pour this tempering over the coconut chutney and mix well.
- Refrigerate and use as required.
Nutrient values per tbsp
|Vitamin A||49.4 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin C||1.2 mg|
|Folic Acid||1.1 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.