Coriander Chutney ( South Indian Recipes )
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 64 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 108039 times
This is a chutney that is gifted with good taste and good looks! the aesthetic green colour of this side dish adds an element of beauty to the thali, while the aromatic and flavourful nature of coriander doesn’t fail to please the taste buds.
- Combine the green chillies, tamarind, salt and 2 tbsp of water together and blend in a mixer to a smooth paste.
- Add the coriander and 1½ tbsp of water and blend again to a smooth paste. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick kadhai and add the mustard seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the chana dal, urad dal, red chillies, curry leaves and garlic and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes or till the dals turns light pink in colour.
- Add the prepared coriander paste and sauté on a slow flame for 2 minutes or till the oil separates.
- Add the jaggery and sauté for another 2 minutes. Serve immediately with idlis or dosas.
Nutrient values per tbsp
|Vitamin A||187.4 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0 mg|
|Vitamin C||3.4 mg|
|Folic Acid||1.3 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.