Meetha Chutney ( Mumbai Roadside Recipes )
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 128 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 134340 times
This chutney is almost needed in all the recipes to let the spices subside and give a sweet tangy taste to the recipes.
- Combine the dates, tamarind, jaggery and 1 cup of water, mix well and pressure cook for 2 to 3 whistles.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid. Keep aside to cool.
- Blend in a mixer to a smooth paste and strain using a strainer.
- Add 1½ cups of water, chilli powder, cumin seeds powder and salt and mix well.
- Use as required and store in an air-tight container in a deep-freezer.
Nutrient values per tbsp
|Vitamin A||0 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0 mg|
|Vitamin C||0 mg|
|Folic Acid||0 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.