Bhakri ( Gujarati Recipe)
by Tarla Dalal
- हिन्दी में पढ़ें (Bhakri ( Gujarati Recipe) in Hindi)
Added to 196 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 173741 times
Bhakhri is typically biscuit-like bread flavoured with ghee and cumin seeds. Generally, there are two types of bhakhris—one is cooked like a biscuit while the other is puffed up and served with ghee. If you plan to take bhakhris along when travelling, make them smaller and crispier. In any case, apply pressure when cooking so that the insides get cooked evenly.
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and knead into a firm dough, using enough water. Keep aside for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Divide the dough into 12 equal portions and roll out each portion into a 100 mm. (4") diameter thick circle.
- Heat a tava (griddle) and cook each circle, putting light pressure on the bhakhri with a muslin cloth till golden brown spots appear on both the sides and the bhakhri turns crisp.
- Serve hot with trevti dal.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per bhakhri
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.