Jowar Bhakri, Healthy Jowar Bhakri
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 7 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 11904 times
Flours of millets like jowar add a rustic touch to bhakris. The homely aroma that emanates from the kitchen when you cook a Jowar Bhakri itself will give you a very content and comforting feel.
Here we have combined jowar flour with a little whole wheat flour to make the rotis easier to roll and to improve their texture. Just remember to serve them immediately on cooking.
Serve with Methi Pitla or Cauliflower Greens Pitla , an ideal match for Jowar Bhakri. You can also serve Green Chilli Thecha or Red Chilli Thecha and some onions as an accopmpaniment.
- Combine the ingredients in a deep bowl and knead into a semi-soft dough using enough warm water.
- Divide the dough into 6 equal portions.
- Roll a portion of the dough into a 150 mm. (6”) diameter circle using a little whole wheat flour for rolling.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle), place the bhakri on it and turn it over after a 1 minute.
- Cook on the other side for another 1 minute or till light brown spots appear on the surface.
- Then turn it over onto an open flame and cook on both sides for a few seconds till it puffs up. Remove from the flame and keep aside.
- Repeat steps 3 to 6 to make 5 more bhakris.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per bhakri
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.