Aloo Gobi, Aloo Gobhi Recipe
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 253 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 523546 times
An all time favourite combination, in an all time favourite form! potato and cauliflower feature in a traditional curry seasoned with typical Indian spices and spruced up with common ingredients like ginger, green chillies and garlic.
The magic of the garam masala and the dry mango powder is evident in Aloo gobi, as these spice powders really perk up the flavour of the subzi.
Serve for lunch or dinner with rotis .
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick kadhai, and add the cumin seed and asafoetida.
- When the seeds crackle, add the dry red chillies, ginger, garlic and green chillies and sauté on a medium flame or a few seconds.
- Add the potatoes, mix well and cover and cook on a medium flame for 3 to 4 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the cauliflower, salt and 1 tbsp of water, mix well and cover and cook on a medium flame for 5 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the turmeric powder, chilli powder, garam masala and dried mango powder, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Garnish with a sprig of coriander and serve hot with parathas or rotis.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||138.4 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B3||1.7 mg|
|Vitamin C||47.2 mg|
|Folic Acid||16.1 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.