by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 78 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 55948 times
Snacks don't always have to be fat traps! plant chemicals found in buckwheat help maintain blood flow and prevent fatty clot formation, while isoflavones in soya curds keep blood cholesterol levels under check.
- Grind the buckwheat coarsely. Wash, drain and keep aside.
- Add ½ cup water to the soya curds and whisk well. Add this to the buckwheat.
- Add ragi flour and ginger chilli paste to the mixture, and mix well to make the dhokla batter.
- Keep aside to ferment for 2 to 3 hours.
- Add salt to the batter and mix well.
- Just before steaming add ¼ packet of fruit salt to the batter and sprinkle a little water to enable bubbles to be formed.
- Mix gently and pour the batter into a 200 mm. (8") diameter greased thali.
- Steam for 15 to 20 minutes till the dhoklas are firm.
- Cool slightly and cut into diamond-shaped pieces.
- Serve hot garnished with coriander.
Nutrient values per serving
|Energy|| 92 calories|
|Protein|| 3.0 gm|
|Carbohydrates|| 18.1 gm|
|Fat|| 0.9 gm|
|Cholesterol|| 0 mg|
|Fibre|| 1.9 gm|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.