Moong Dal Stuffed Aloo Tikki
by Palak Rajput
Added to 9 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 45929 times
Moong Dal Stuffed Aloo Tikki, tangy and spicy moong stuffed in the boiled potatoes mixture.
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and mix well. Keep aside.
- Combine the potato and salt in a bowl, mix well and knead till smooth.
- Divide the mixture into equal portions and roll it into round balls. Keep aside.
- Boil the moong with little salt and turmeric till they are 80 percent coked.
- Heat the oil in a pan, add the asafoetida, ginger, green chillies, parboiled moong and a little salt, mix well and cook for 2 minutes on slow flame.
- Add the lemon juice and coriander, mix well, Remove from the flame and spread on a plate to cool.
- Take a portion of the potatoes in damp palms, make a depression in the center, put some stuffing and close in the edges to enclose the stuffing.
- Press gently and roll the edges on the tabletop to smoothen the sides.
- Heat the oil in a pan and shallow fry the tikkis on low flame till it turns to golden brown in colour.
- While serving keep the tikkis on the serving plate, pour some masala curd , green chutney and khajur imli ki chutney over the tikkis.
- Serve immediately.
This recipe was contributed by Palak Rajput on 03 Feb 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.