Eggless Chocolate Banana Cake, Indian Style
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 335 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 96364 times
eggless chocolate banana cake recipe | Indian style chocolate banana cake | with step by step photos
Our rich eggless chocolate banana cake recipe is made for millions of Indians who love eggless cake recipes and are vegetarians. Given below is a step by step process of how I make the Indian style chocolate banana cake with condensed milk.
The fruity sweetness of bananas and the intoxicating bitterness of cocoa are a made-for-each-other combination, especially when you team them up to make a eggless chocolate banana cake dessert such as this!
This irresistible eggless chocolate banana cake has an intense flavour of chocolate, which is further deepened by the addition of brown sugar.
Ideal proportions of all other ingredients including flour, condensed milk, butter and cream result in a perfectly spongy texture in eggless chocolate banana cake.
Notes on Indian style chocolate banana cake. 1. To make the cake mixture it’s very important to sieve the ingredients, plain flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and baking powder well. Note the cocoa powder has maximum amounts to lumps so sieve well. Sieving ensures you get a fine powder. 2. When mixing wet ingredients in eggless chocolate banana cake always use the spatula. 3. Lightly fold the wet cake mixture with the sieved ingredients. Ensure that it's well mixed. 4. Grease the cake tin with butter on all the sides Greasing and dusting with plain flour and sift to ensure uniform distribution of the flour is very important as when the eggless chocolate banana cake is baked it will easily de-mould. 5. Keep a plate below when dusting your cake tin so the platform does not get dirty and lightly tap the cake tin on the plate when you have finished dusting.
Enjoy this eggless chocolate banana cake warm with a cup of tea, or top it with a scoop of ice-cream and serve it for dessert!
Learn to make eggless chocolate banana cake recipe | Indian style chocolate banana cake | with step by step photos and video below.
- Sieve the plain flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and baking powder. Keep aside.
- Combine the melted butter, condensed milk, brown sugar, mashed banana and vanilla essence in a bowl and mix well with a spatula.
- Add the sieved flour mixture and fresh cream and fold gently. Keep aside.
- Grease a 175 mm. (7”) cake tin with melted butter, dust it with plain flour and sift to ensure uniform distribution of the flour. Shake and remove the excess flour.
- Pour the prepared batter into it and spread it evenly.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 180°c (360°f) for 40 to 45 minutes or until a knife inserted in the cake comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and demould it and serve warm.
Chocolate Banana Cake Video by Tarla Dalal's Team
Eggless Chocolate Banana Cake, Indian Style recipe with step by step photos
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per cake
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.