How many calories does one serving of Spinach Dumplings in Curd Curry have?
One serving of Spinach Dumplings in Curd Curry gives 148 calories. Out of which carbohydrates comprise 53 calories, proteins account for 24 calories and remaining calories come from fat which is 60 calories. One serving of Spinach Dumplings in Curd Curry provides about 7 percent of the total daily calorie requirement of a standard adult diet of 2,000 calories.
See Spinach Dumplings in Curd Curry recipe. This amazing preparation will be quite unlike anything you have tasted so far! A gravy of curds flavoured with a semi-spicy paste plays a host to delicious yet nutritious spinach dumplings. A wonderful accompaniment to roti, khichdi and rice, the Spinach Dumplings in Curd Curry is a novel dish that must be tried to be believed.
Is Spinach Dumplings in Curd Curry healthy?
No, this is not healthy. Let's see why.
Yes, this is healthy. But restrictions apply to some.
Let's understand the Ingredients.
1. Spinach (Palak) : Spinach is one of the richest plant sources of Iron and it should be part of a healthy diet for everyone. Raw spinach is very rich in insoluble fibre, 25% having soluble fiber and 75% insoluble fiber. Spinach is good for the heart, diabetics and eyes. Read this on the 17 benefits of spinach and why you should eat it.
2. Besan : Besan has more good fat than whole wheat flour and also higher protein content. Rich in complex carbohydrates and with a low glycemic index, besan is good for diabetics too. Besan is high in Folate or folic acid, which is important for rapid growth and multiplication of red blood cells and white blood cells (WBC) in the bone marrow. See 10 detailed benefits of besan and why it's good for you.
3. Curd + Low fat Curds : Curds help in digestion as it has very good bacteria. Probiotics in curds acts as a mild laxative but, in case of diarrhoea and dysentery, it is a boon, if curd is used with rice.They help in weight reduction, good for your heart and build immunity. The only difference between curds and low fat curds is the fat level. Read the benefits of curds to include in your daily diet.
4. Green Chillies : Antioxidant vitamin C in green chillies protects the body from effects of harmful free radicals and prevents stress. It is probably the high fiber which helps in controlling blood sugar levels. This it is a welcome addition to a diabetic diet. Suffering from anaemia? Add green chillies to your list of iron rich foods too. For complete details see benefits of green chilli.
5. Coriander (kothmir, dhania) : The antioxidants vitamin A, vitamin C and the quercetin present in coriander works towards strengthening our immune system. Coriander is a fairly good source of iron and folate – the 2 nutrient which help in the production and maintenance of red blood cells in our blood. Good for reducing cholesterol and good for diabetics. Read 9 benefits of coriander to understand details.
What's the problem?
Can diabetics, heart patients and over weight individuals have Spinach Dumplings in Curd Curry?
Can healthy individuals have Spinach Dumplings in Curd Curry?
Spinach Dumplings in Curd Curry is high in
1. Folic Acid : Folic acid is an essential vitamin required throughout pregnancy.
2. Vitamin C : Vitamin C is a great defence against coughs and colds.
3. Calcium : Calcium is a mineral that makes bones stay strong. Required from kids to adults.
4. Phosphorous : Phosphorous works closely with calcium to build bones.
5. Vitamin A : Vitamin A is crucial for healthy vision, cell growth and healthy skin.
Note : a recipe is deemed high in a Vitamin or mineral if it meets 20% and above the recommended daily allowance based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
How to burn 148 calories that come from Spinach Dumplings in Curd Curry?
Walking (6 kmph) = 44 mins
Running (11 kmph) = 15 mins
Cycling (30 kmph) = 20 mins
Swimming (2 kmph) = 25 mins
Note: These values are approximate and calorie burning differs in each individual.