How many calories does one cup of Kadai Gravy, Quick Kadai Gravy have?
One cup of Kadai Gravy, Quick Kadai Gravy gives 602 calories. Out of which carbohydrates comprise 46 calories, proteins account for 11 calories and remaining calories come from fat which is 545 calories. One cup of Kadai Gravy, Quick Kadai Gravy provides about 30 percent of the total daily calorie requirement of a standard adult diet of 2,000 calories.
Click here to view Quick Kadai Gravy Recipe is a true restaurant style gravy which never fails to please foodies. Learn how to make kadai gravy for kadai paneer.
To make quick kadai gravy, roast the coriander seeds and dry red chillies lightly on a non-stick tava (griddle) for 2 minutes. Cool slightly and blend in a mixer to a coarse powder. Keep aside. Heat the oil in a deep non-stick kadhai, add the garlic, ginger and green chillies and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds. Add the coarsely crushed powder and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds. Add the tomatoes and salt, mix well and cook on a slow flame for 8 to 9 minutes, while stirring occasionally. Add the kasuri methi and garam masala, mix well and cook on a medium flame for a few seconds. Cool completely and store in an air-tight container in the freezer and use as required.
This richly-textured kadai gravy for kadai paneer is tomato-based and has a tangy and spicy flavour with sharp hints of fenugreek. A coarse powder of coriander seeds and red chillies is what gives the kadai paneer gravy its exclusive flavour and special texture.
The finely chopped tomatoes upon cooking release their water and make a thick gravy which is coarse and lends a good mouthfeel. This quick kadai gravy also calls for finely chopped garlic, ginger and green chillies. We recommend you chop them and not use paste for a true dhaba style feel.
You can prepare a large batch of this gravy and deep-freeze it, so you can quickly whip up tongue-tickling Kadhai -style accompaniments like Kadhai Vegetables and Kadai Paneer Subzi whenever you want.
Kadai Paneer, Popular Restaurant Style Kadai Paneer
Team this kadai gravy for kadai paneer with Butter Garlic Naan or Tava Naan without Tandoor and experience an authentic North Indian meal in the comfort of our own house.
Tawa Naan ( Without Tandoor), Tawa Butter Naan
Tips for quick kadai gravy.
1. Do not compromise on the amount of oil being used if you are yearning for a restaurant style gravy.
2. Kashmiri chillies if broken into pieces will roast and blend well.
3. If you are serving to kids, decrease the Kashmiri chillies to 8 and adjust the garam masala accordingly.
Enjoy quick kadai gravy recipe | kadai gravy for kadai paneer | how to make quick kadai gravy | kadai paneer gravy | with step by step photos below.
Is Kadai Gravy, Quick Kadai Gravy healthy?
Yes, this is healthy. But restrictions apply to some.
Let's understand the Ingredients in Kadai Gravy, Quick Kadai Gravy.
What's good in Kadai Gravy, Quick Kadai Gravy.
Tomatoes : Tomatoes are extremely rich source of Lycopene. Tomatoes are a powerful antioxidant, super rich in Vitamin C, good for heart. Tomatoes are a Pregnant women's friend and are rich in Folate or Folic Acid which helps your body to produce and maintain new cells, especially red blood cells. Read about 13 amazing benefits of tomatoes.
Coriander (kothmir, dhania): Coriander is a fresh herb often used as a flavour enhancer in Indian cooking. It is mainly used as a garnish. This is the best way to use it - no cooking. This preserves its vitamin C content which helps to build our immunity and bring that sparkle to the skin. The antioxidants vitamin A, vitamin C and the quercetin present in coriander works towards strengthening our immune system. Coriander is a fairly good source of iron and folate – the 2 nutrient which help in the production and maintenance of red blood cells in our blood. Good for reducing cholesterol and good for diabetics. Read 9 benefits of coriander to understand details.
Red chilli powder : Red chilli powder can set the taste buds on fire, and sometimes the tummy too! It is basically a spice blend consisting of one or two types of dried red chillies that are ground and pulverized into a fine powder. It is generally used to add spice to otherwise bland foods.
Ginger (Adrak) : Ginger is an effective cure for congestion, sore throat, cold and cough. It aids digestion and relieves constipation. Ginger was found as effective as drugs in relieving menstrual pain. Ginger is effective in decreasing the cholesterol levels in patients with high cholesterol. Ginger significantly reduces symptoms of nausea in pregnant ladies. See here for 16 Super Health Benefits of Adrak, Ginger.
Garlic : Garlic has been proven to lower cholesterol. The active ingredient allicin present in garlic aids in lowering blood pressure. Garlic is also alleged to help regulate blood glucose levels for diabetics. Garlic is great for the heart and circulatory system. Garlic has an antimicrobial, antiviral and antifungal function and can help in relieving common cold and other viral infections. To boost your immune system have a garlic clove a day. Garlic is a top anti viral food. The thiosulphate compound, Allicin found in garlic acts as a strong antioxidant and protects our body from damage of free radicals. Read here for complete benefits of garlic.
Green Chillies : Antioxidant vitamin C in green chillies protects the body from effects of harmful free radicals and prevents stress. It is probably the high fiber which helps in controlling blood sugar levels. This it is a welcome addition to a diabetic diet. Suffering from anaemia? Add green chillies to your list of iron rich foods too. For complete details see benefits of green chilli.
Dried Fenugreek Leaves ( Kasuri Methi) : Kasuri Methi gives only 4 calories from a tbsp. Dried Fenugreek Leaves is low on carb count. Kasuri Methi adds on some fiber. It is a healthy addition for weight watchers, diabetes, healthy heart, kids, adults, senior citizen and many more. See detailed benefits of dried fenugreel leaves kasuri methi.
What's problem in Kadai Gravy, Quick Kadai Gravy.
Vegetable Oils : To some vegetable oil is only soyabean oil, while some promote it as a mix of oils like soyabean, canola, sunflower, corn and other omega-6 rich oils. These are often cheaper options than many oils, but they are highly processed oils. They are undoubtedly not to be reached out for, whether you are looking for salad dressings, sautéing or cooking. The 5 best oils used in cooking are olive oil (low temperature short time cooking), avocado oil, canola oil, coconut oil and peanut oil. You must read the super article to find the facts of which oil is the healthiest avoid vegetable oil.
Note : 1 cup = 200 ml (standard cup available in the market). The weight in grams varies for each ingredient.
Can diabetics, heart patients and over weight individuals have Kadai Gravy, Quick Kadai Gravy?
Yes, this recipe is good for diabetics, heart and weight loss. But too much oil used in this recipe. This makes restriction on quanity for a diabetic meal and for heart patients. Vegetable oils is highly processed oils, not suitable for diabetis, heart patients.
Can healthy individuals have Kadai Gravy, Quick Kadai Gravy?
Yes, This is good and healthy recipe. But suggested to have little quantity for good health.
What is a healthy accompaniment to the Kadai Gravy, Quick Kadai Gravy subzi? Have healthy rotis or parathas.
We suggest a bajra roti, jowar roti, radish nachni roti recipe , basic ragi roti recipe, and whole wheat roti to make a healthy combination.
8 Pointers to get healthy on a Indian diet
1. Eat healthy and say yes to good home cooked food. Prefer whole grains like oatmeal, quinoa, buckwheat, barley and healthy flours like bajra flour, jowar flour, quinoa flour, wheat flour etc. rather than refined ones like maida. Have healthy Indian fats like ghee, coconut, coconut oil in your diet.
2. Opt out of junk food, packaged food, deep fried foods. Prefer steamed snacks and other non-fried snacks. Check out some Healthy Indian Snacks. Remember to eat small frequent meals through the day as that will keep you always full and prevent your blood sugar from dropping. By starving your body through some diet, will not help you one bit. In fact, dieting will make you binge on 2 to 3 meals which is not good.
3. Have 4 to 5 servings of vegetables and 2 to 3 servings of fruit is a must. Follow the logic of a vegetable in each main meal of the day and a fruit in-between meals. Check out a few Healthy Indian Soups and Healthy Indian Salads recipes using this food group.
4. Cut down on sugar and salt in your diet and pick honey ( very small amounts) or dates to sweeten your food. Slowly cut the sugar habit as this is not going to happen over night. Sugar is also called white poison. It is a simple carbohydrate with zero nutritional value. On intake, sugar will cause inflammation of the body which will last for many hours. It will spike your blood sugar level and shut down the fat burning process. This also causes high blood sugar levels in your body. The development of prediabetes comes from uncontrolled eating sugar and refined food products for many years and the classic symptom is if you have excess belly fat. This leads to diabetes and further onwards to heart attack, high blood pressure, strokes, impotence and kidney damage.
Salt and blood pressure. Apart from stress and obesity, one of the main reasons for high blood pressure is excessive sodium and salt intake. Most people find it difficult to limit the amount of salt in their cooking, thinking it will affect the taste of their favourite dishes.
This is not true. Bajra and jowar are rich in potassium and critical for those with High Blood Pressure as it lessens the impact of sodium. Eating more Potassium Rich Foods will remove more sodium from your body through urine. So include the basic bajra roti and jowar roti in your daily diet to have with Lower Blood Pressure Subzis Recipes.
5. Befriend a few healthy seeds and nuts like chia seeds, flax seeds, sesame seeds, walnuts and almonds.
6. Sprouts are called ‘living food’. They are high is most nutrients and easy to digest as well. Let them feature in your meals at least thrice a week. Also Read : All Benefits about Sprouts.
7. Exercise 45 minutes every day. No excuse. You can walk fast, run, do weights, play your favourite sport or go to the gym.
8. Sleep early and get up early. Get your body into rhythm and it will function best. Sleep helps your body to recover.
Kadai Gravy, Quick Kadai Gravy is high in
1. Calcium : Calcium is a mineral that makes bones stay strong. Required from kids to adults.
2. Vitamin C : Vitamin C is a great defence against coughs and colds.
3. Fiber : Dietary fiber reduce the risk of heart disease, prevent the spike in blood sugar levels and hence super for diabetics. Consume more fruits, vegetables, moong, oats, matki, whole grains.
4. Folic Acid : Folic acid is an essential vitamin required throughout pregnancy.
5.Vitamin B1 : Vitamin B1 protects nerves, helps in carbohydrate metabolism, prevents heart diseases and helps produce red blood cells.
6. Vitamin A : Vitamin A is crucial for healthy vision, cell growth and healthy skin.
Note : a recipe is deemed high in a Vitamin or mineral if it meets 20% and above the recommended daily allowance based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
How to burn 602 calories that come from Kadai Gravy, Quick Kadai Gravy?
Walking (6 kmph) = 3 hour 1 min
Running (11 kmph) = 60 mins
Cycling (30 kmph) = 1 hour 20 mins
Swimming (2 kmph) = 1 hour 43 mins
Note: These values are approximate and calorie burning differs in each individual.