How many calories does one Whole Wheat Methi Khakhra have?
One Whole Wheat Methi Khakhra gives 65 calories. Out of which carbohydrates comprise 48 calories, proteins account for 8 calories and remaining calories come from fat which is 11 calories. One Whole Wheat Methi Khakhra provides about 3 percent of the total daily calorie requirement of a standard adult diet of 2,000 calories.
Click here to view. Whole Wheat Methi Khakra recipe. methi khakhra | whole wheat methi khakhra | gujarati methi khakhra | fenugreek flat bread.
methi khakhra made of whole wheat, these whole wheat methi khakhra are a rich source of complex carbohydrates, protein and fibre. The sesame adds to the calcium quotient of this yummy gujarati methi khakhra while methi gives iron to build your haemoglobin stores.
Keep a batch of these whole wheat methi khakhras in an airtight container, ready to munch when you are hungry, be it at home or in office. If i go out of town, methi khakhra is the perfect Indian travel food dry snack and remember to store you're healthy methi khakhra in an air tight container.
methi khakhra, the all-time favourite Gujarati dry snack is enhanced with a sprinkling of powered spices and sesame seeds, which makes it an irresistible treat for your palate!
It is easy to ask somebody to give up unhealthy snacks, but it is quite difficult to achieve the goal! Instead, try treating yourself and your family to healthy short-eats like this whole wheat methi khakhra which is so tasty that you will naturally lose your craving for junky snacks!
Aside from methi khakhra check our collection of healthy khakhras and popular recipes like mini oats khakhra and masala khakhra.
Is whole wheat methi khakra healthy?
Yes, this is healthy. But restrictions apply to some.
Let's understand the Ingredients.
1. Whole Wheat flour : Whole wheat flour is excellent for diabetics as they will not shoot up your blood sugar levels as they are a low GI food. Whole wheat flour is rich in Phosphorus which is a major mineral which works closely with calcium to build our bones. Vitamin B9 helps your body to produce and maintain new cells, especially increase red blood cells. See detailed 11 benefits of whole wheat flour and why it's good for you.
2. Methi leaves (fenugreek leaves) : Methi leaves are low in calorie, powerful antioxidant and cures mouth ulcers. Fenugreek leaves help in improving glucose and insulin responses, hence good for diabetics. The levels of cholesterol also reduced with intakes of fenugreek leaves. Rich in Vitamin K which is good for bone metabolism. See all benefits of methi leaves here.
3. Turmeric Powder (Haldi) : Turmeric helps in digestion of food thus helping to overcome indigestion. Haldi may help in reducing the growth of fat cells in the body. Turmeric, being rich in iron, is highly valuable in the treatment of anaemia and both the root as well as the powder should be a regular part of an anaemic diet. One of the health benefits of turmeric is it’s anti-inflammatory property due to the active compound, Curcumin, which helps to relieve inflammation of the joints and thus is a ladder to relieve pain related to arthritis. The curcumin in haldi also helps to ward of the bacteria’s causing cold, cough and throat irritation. Turmeric benefits in diabetes management by lowering blood glucose levels. Its antioxidant and anti-inflammatory effects are useful in the treatment of diabetes patients. It is known to be a good brain food and keep diseases like Alzheimer’s at bay. See here for detailed turmeric benefits.
Can diabetics, heart patients and over weight individuals have whole wheat methi khakra ?
Yes, this recipe is good for diabetics, heart and weight loss. Whole wheat flour is excellent for diabetics as they will not shoot up your blood sugar levels as they are a low GI food. Fenugreek leaves help in improving glucose and insulin responses, hence good for diabetics. The levels of cholesterol also reduced with intakes of fenugreek leaves.
What is a healthy accompaniment to this khakra?
We suggest you pair it with homemade curds using cows milk or low fat curds.
Can healthy individuals have whole wheat methi khakra?
whole wheat methi khakhra is good for
1. Healthy Recipes Lifestyle
2. Low Calorie Snack
3. Diabetic Snacks
4. Healthy Heart Snacks
5. Pregnancy snacks
6. Kids snacks
7. Low Acidity breakfast
8. Low Blood pressure snacks
8 Pointers to get healthy on a Indian diet
1. Eat healthy and say yes to good home cooked food. Prefer whole grains like oatmeal, quinoa, buckwheat, barley and healthy flours like bajra flour, jowar flour, quinoa flour, wheat flour etc. rather than refined ones like maida. Have healthy Indian fats like ghee, coconut, coconut oil in your diet.
2. Opt out of junk food, packaged food, deep fried foods. Prefer steamed snacks and other non-fried snacks. Check out some Healthy Indian Snacks. Remember to eat small frequent meals through the day as that will keep you always full and prevent your blood sugar from dropping. By starving your body through some diet, will not help you one bit. In fact, dieting will make you binge on 2 to 3 meals which is not good.
3. Have 4 to 5 servings of vegetables and 2 to 3 servings of fruit is a must. Follow the logic of a vegetable in each main meal of the day and a fruit in-between meals. Check out a few Healthy Indian Soups and Healthy Indian Salads recipes using this food group.
4. Cut down on sugar and salt in your diet and pick honey ( very small amounts) or dates to sweeten your food. Slowly cut the sugar habit as this is not going to happen over night. Sugar is also called white poison. It is a simple carbohydrate with zero nutritional value. On intake, sugar will cause inflammation of the body which will last for many hours. It will spike your blood sugar level and shut down the fat burning process. This also causes high blood sugar levels in your body. The development of prediabetes comes from uncontrolled eating sugar and refined food products for many years and the classic symptom is if you have excess belly fat. This leads to diabetes and further onwards to heart attack, high blood pressure, strokes, impotence and kidney damage.
Salt and blood pressure. Apart from stress and obesity, one of the main reasons for high blood pressure is excessive sodium and salt intake. Most people find it difficult to limit the amount of salt in their cooking, thinking it will affect the taste of their favourite dishes.
This is not true. Bajra and jowar are rich in potassium and critical for those with High Blood Pressure as it lessens the impact of sodium. Eating more Potassium Rich Foods will remove more sodium from your body through urine. So include the basic bajra roti and jowar roti in your daily diet to have with Lower Blood Pressure Subzis Recipes.
5. Befriend a few healthy seeds and nuts like chia seeds, flax seeds, sesame seeds, walnuts and almonds.
6. Sprouts are called ‘living food’. They are high is most nutrients and easy to digest as well. Let them feature in your meals at least thrice a week. Also Read : All Benefits about Sprouts.
7. Exercise 45 minutes every day. No excuse. You can walk fast, run, do weights, play your favourite sport or go to the gym. No activity reduces muscle tissue which will lead to muscke loss and all kinds of problems with that.
8. Sleep early and get up early. Get your body into rhythm and it will function best. Sleep helps your body to recover and makes you look much younger. Also getting good sleep prevent muscle loss.
How to burn 65 calories that come from Whole Wheat Methi Khakhra?
Walking (6 kmph) = 20 mins
Running (11 kmph) = 7 mins
Cycling (30 kmph) = 9 mins
Swimming (2 kmph) = 11 mins
Note: These values are approximate and calorie burning differs in each individual.