7 Uses of Celery (Ajmoda)
Celery, also known as Ajmoda, is a vegetable, very similar to parsley. It has long stalks and leaves which are both edible. The texture of celery is crunchy, fibrous, a little salty and watery. This vegetable has a worldwide usage and is a good source of Vitamin C.
1. Celery, due to its crunchy texture and distinctive flavor, makes it a popular addition to salads and sandwiches. Cucumber, Capsicum and Celery Salad is the perfect example of how a simple salad can be made with celery.
2. Carrots, onions and celery is a winner combination that forms the base for many recipes and soups. This combination is the most ideal one while making a vegetable stock, which in turn forms the base of many soups. Celery soups can be made either by adding pieces of celery to the soup or by pureeing it.
3. South Indians use celery to make a delicious curry called Celery Parippu.
4. It is used in making various dips and sauces all over the world like Schezuan Sauce. Vice versa celery sticks are used as a replacement of crackers and eaten with hummus and other dips.
5. Celery is widely used in International cuisines as well like Chinese and Italian. It can be used in rice, noodles to pasta and cannelloni's.
6. Celery leaves are equally enjoyable as the stalks. These leaves are used as a garnish in salads, toppings over a pizza or sandwich and even used to make a different types of pesto sauce variation.
7. Celery adds a unique taste and dimension to many juices. Due to it being high in Vitamin C and other compounds that promote good health, celery is an excellent choice for health drinks.
To know about Recipes using Celery, check out our collection.