Vegetable Cheese Grilled Sandwich, Veg Grilled Sandwich
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 28 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 16321 times
This is not another of those mellow, creamy sandwiches, and definitely not for the soft-hearted! Full of josh, this all-time favourite street food of Mumbai features an assortment of crunchy and juicy veggies sandwiched between bread slices smeared with butter and peppy green chutney.
A special sandwich masala is the highlight of this Vegetable Cheese Grilled Sandwich, as it raises the flavour and aroma to another plane, beyond the realm of ordinary sandwiches ! You can use brown or white triangular bread slices to make this yummy sandwich. Both are readily available in the market.
- Apply 1½ tsp of butter and 2 tsp of green chutney on 3 bread slices and keep aside.
- Place a slice of bread, with the buttered-chutney side facing upwards, on a clean and dry surface and arrange 8 potato slices over it and sprinkle some sandwich masala and salt evenly over it.
- Arrange 3 capsicum rings evenly over it and place another bread slice over it, with the buttered-chutney side facing upwards.
- Arrange 10 cucumber slices over it and again sprinkle some sandwich masala and salt evenly over it.
- Arrange 6 tomato slices and 3 onion slices over it and again sprinkle some sandwich masala and salt evenly over it.
- Sprinkle ½ cup of cheese evenly over it.
- Cover it with another slice of bread with the buttered-chutney side facing downwards. Spread a little butter on the bread slice and press it lightly.
- Place the prepared sandwich in a greased and pre-heated sandwich griller by turning the sandwich upside down so that the buttered side faces downwards.
- Again spread a little butter on the bread slice and grill it for 3 to 4 minutes or till the sandwich turns golden brown in colour and crisp.
- Cut the grilled sandwich into 6 pieces using a sharp knife.
- Repeat steps 1 to 10 to make 3 more grilled sandwiches.
- Garnish with ½ cup of cheese on each grilled sandwich and serve immediately with tomato ketchup and green chutney.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per sandwiche
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.