Vegetable Noodle Grilled Sandwich
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 8 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 5493 times
Noodles, sandwiches, pav bhaji... this recipe brings together all your favourite snacks into the handy format of a grilled sandwich!
You will love the fusion of Indian and Chinese flavours in this innovative sandwich, which is packed with juicy veggies and cooked Hakka Noodles, flavoured excitingly with soy sauce and pav bhaji masala.
You can feel the warmth of the masala, spice powders and sauces as you devour this scrumptious sandwich. This combination of textures and exciting flavours makes the Vegetable Noodle Grilled Sandwich a veritable treat for your palate.
Serve it immediately because the noodles can make the sandwich soggy after a while. If you love grilled sandwiches, we would love to introduce you to more of our favourites – Pineapple and Cheese Grilled Sandwich , Potato Cheese Grilled Sandwich and the Pav Sandwich .
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the garlic paste and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the spring onion whites and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the coloured capsicums and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the tomatoes, salt, chilli powder, pav bhaji masala and soy sauce, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring ocassionally.
- Add the bean sprouts, cabbage and ½ cup of water, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minute, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the noodles, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring ocassionally.
- Switch of the flame, add the spring onion greens and mix well.
- Divide into 6 equal portions and keep aside.
- Place 4 bread slices on a clean, dry surface and spread 1 tsp of the butter on each bread slice.
- Top 2 buttered bread slices with a portion of the noodle stuffing and sprinkle 1 tbsp of cheese evenly over it.
- Sandwich them with the remaining 2 bread slices with the buttered-chutney side facing downwards.
- Again spread a little butter on the sandwiches and press it lightly.
- Place both the sandwiches in a greased and pre-heated sandwich griller and grill it for 4 to 5 minutes or till the sandwiches turns golden brown in colour and crisp.
- Repeat steps 1 to 5 to make 4 more sandwiches.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per sandwich
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.