Tomatoes Stuffed with Spaghetti
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 37 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 14947 times
If you believe that red and white is a great combination, and enjoy the mix-and-match of tanginess and mildness, then this gourmet preparation will be a heavenly treat for you.
Juicy tomato cups are filled with boiled spaghetti in a soothing white sauce pepped up with crunchy capsicum, and baked with a sprinkling of cheese.
Tomatoes stuffed with spaghetti is as much a wholesome snack as it is a perfect starter .
- Cut the tops of the tomatoes and scoop them.
- Heat the butter in a broad non-stick pan, add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the capsicum and green chillies and sauté for 1minute.
- Add the spaghetti, white sauce, salt and pepper, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Fill the tomato cases with the spaghetti mixture.
- Grease a flat baking dish and arrange the filled tomatoes. Sprinkle with cheese and bake in a hot oven at 200°c (400 °f) for 10 minutes.
- Serve hot.
Nutrient values per stuffed tomatoe
|Vitamin A||378.1 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.6 mg|
|Vitamin C||24.8 mg|
|Folic Acid||25.7 mcg|
Missed out on our mailers?
Our mailers are now online!
View Mailer Archive
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.