Tofu in Manchurian Sauce
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 4 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 3214 times
While on a tired day, you might settle for having Fried Rice with chilli-garlic sauce or tomato ketchup, on a more leisurely day you would surely want to have a more exciting accompaniment, like this spicy Tofu in Manchurian Sauce!
You are sure to enjoy the contrast between the spicy, tangy, totally Chinese sauce and the soft, mellow, tofu, which together become a truly memorable treat.
You can also try other recipe like Corn Manchurian or Crackling Rice Topped with Manchurian Gravy .
- Combine the cornflour and ¾ cup of water in a deep bowl, mix well and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the green chillies, garlic and ginger and sauté on a medium flame for 30 seconds.
- Add the cornflour-water mixture, soya sauce, chilli-garlic sauce, sugar and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Add the tofu, mix gently and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve immediately with chilli coriander fried rice.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.