Spicy Pineapple and Tofu Pizza
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 4 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 7102 times
Enjoy the jazzy flavour of Oriental cuisine in this unique sweet and spicy pizza. This amazing pizza is topped with sweet and juicy pineapples, spruced up with a sprinkling of peppy herbs and spice powders.
A tongue-tickling mix of cubed tofu and soy sauce boosts the taste of the pizza and also adds another interesting texture to it.
Laced with Oriental sauces like hoisin sauce and red chilli sauce, this Spicy Pineapple and Tofu Pizza is pungent enough for you to feel the warmth on your palate long after the bite is consumed!
You can also try other off-beat pizzas like the Pizza with Mushrooms, Garlic and Walnuts or Oriental Pizza .
- Heat the butter in a broad non-stick pan, add the pineapple, chilli flakes, mixed herbs, salt and pepper powder and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes. Keep aside.
- Place a pizza base on a clean, dry surface and put 2 tbsp of the prepared sauce and spread it evenly.
- Put 2 tbsp of onions, 4 slices of zucchini, 1 tbsp of prepared tofu topping and 1 tbsp of pineapple mixture and spread it evenly.
- Sprinkle ½ tbsp of coriander and ¼ cup of cheese evenly over it.
- Repeat steps 1 to 3 to make 1 more pizza.
- Bake it in a pre-heated oven at 200°c (400°f ) for 15 minutes or till the pizza turns crispy and the cheese melts.
- Repeat steps 1 to 5 to make and bake 2 more pizzas.
- Cut each pizza into 4 equal pieces and serve immediately.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per pizza
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.