by Tarla Dalal
Added to 63 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 42235 times
The moment you think of Manchurian, it is ingredients like baby corn, cabbage, capsicum and cauliflower that immediately come to mind. Now, we present you with an off-beat but irresistible Corn Manchurian made with deep-fried balls of crushed sweet corn kernels, carrots and other usual flavour enhancers like ginger, garlic, etc. These deep-fried corn balls are dunked in the typical Manchurian sauce that is intensely flavoured with ginger, green chillies, soy sauce, chilli garlic sauce and other ingredients. While the Corn Manchurian offers the typical flavour punch associated with all Manchurians, what will please you the most is the texture of the corn balls, which are crisp outside and super soft, mildly sweet inside. Enjoy the holistic experience, slowly taking in the aroma, flavour and texture of each mouthful.
- Combine all the ingredients in a deep bowl and mix very well using your hands.
- Divide the mixture into 16 equal portions.
- Shape a portion into a ball and put it in hot oil in a deep non-stick kadhai. Shape 3 more portions into a ball and put them in the hot oil and deep-fry all 4 at a time in 1 batch till they turn golden brown in colour from all all the sides.
- Repeat step 3 to deep-fry 12 more balls in 3 more batches.
- Drain on an absorbent paper. Keep aside.
- Combine the cornflour and 1½ cups of water in a deep bowl, mix well and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan, add the garlic, green chillies and ginger and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the spring onion whites and greens and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the cornflour-water mixture, soy sauce, sugar, chilli-garlic sauce and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 4 minutes, while stirring occasionally. Keep aside.
- Add the corn balls to the hot manchurian sauce, mix gently and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve immediately garnished with spring onion whites and greens.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
RECIPE SOURCE : Corn
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.