Vegetable Manchurian Roll ( Wraps and Rolls Recipes)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 67 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 60509 times
These rolls adds an all-new dimension to the simple manchurian. Serve it with the lovely sweet and sour sauce, schezuan sauce and salads to experience a uniwue melange range of flavours. Ofcourse, don't forget the stir- fried rice to complete the chinese experience.
- Combine all the ingredients except the oil in a bowl and mix well.
- Divide the mixture into 16 equal portions and shape each portion into a round ball.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai and deep-fry the balls on a medium flame till they are golden brown in colour from all sides. Drain on absorbent paper and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a wok or frying pan over a high flame.
- Add the garlic, green chillies and ginger and stir-fry on a high flame for a few seconds.
- Add ½ cup of water, soya sauce, cornflour paste, sugar and salt, mix well and simmer for a few minutes till it thickens, while stirring continuously. Keep aside.
- Just before serving, put the vegetable balls in the sauce and bring to boil.
- Place the roti on a clean dry surface and arrange ¼th of the stir-fried rice in a row in the centre of the roti.
- Arrange 4 vegetable balls and ¼ cup each of cabbage and spring onion greens over it.
- Finally spread 1½ tbsp of schezuan sauce and ½ tbsp of sweet and sour sauce over it and roll it up tightly.
- Repeat with the remaining ingredients to make 3 more rolls.
- Wrap a tissue paper around each roll and serve immediately.
- Make the rolls immediately once the vegetable balls have been boiled with the Manchurian sauce to prevent the sauce from drying up and becoming gelatinous.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per roll
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.