What is chilli garlic sauce?
A fabulous hot sauce of Chinese or Vietnamese origin. Chilli Garlic Sauce is made to spice-up your taste buds and make your snacks more enjoyable. The principal ingredients are chili, garlic, and vinegar.Chilli Garlic sauce is surefire to convert or renovate any meal into a bold, aromatic and healthy culinary experience. Chilli Garlic is a enticing mingle of coarsely ground chilies and garlic. It has a full-bodied essence that will make your mouth water. It can be made by adding corn flour paste to the chilli garlic paste. In a pan add chilli garlic paste, add water to thin the consistency and as required and then when starts boiling add the corn flour paste and stir continuously to avoid lumps. Stir till thick, cool and store or use immediately as preferred.
How to Select chilli garlic sauce
Green chillies should be crisp and unwrinkled ones. Make sure they are bright and unbroken. Choose garlic heads that are firm to the touch, with no nicks or soft cloves. Chilli Garlic Sauce is also easily available in the market of various brands. Ensure its freshness by manufacturing date and expiry date.
Culinary Uses of chilli garlic sauce
· As a versatile sauce, use it wherever the combination of chillies and garlic is required.
Chinese Starters using chilli garlic sauce
Starters has to be spicy and flavourful, adding or serving with chilli garlic sauce just takes it to another level of satisfaction. Try these recipes and you will surely enjoy each bite of it.
1. Momos an apt combination of garlic, ginger, green chillies and Schezuan sauce flavours the vegetable mixture, and the outcome is simply tongue-tickling!
2. Baby Corn Fritters perfectly golden-coloured Baby Corn Fritters are a sight to behold and a treat to bite into!
3. Spring Rolls tasty rolls are packed with the goodness of vegetables.
Chinese gravies and main course using chilli garlic sauce
The taste is just perfect of gravies and main course with the addition of chilli garlic sauce makes it very tasty. Try these recipes and make the best gravies like restaurant style.
1. Paneer in Manchurian Sauce an Indo-Chinese appetizer recipe made with fried paneer and Manchurian gravy! The combo is heavenly and is a treat to the taste buds!
2. Chilli Garlic Noodles a perfect and ideal meal for lazy Sundays or long tiring days! It is made to spice-up your taste buds and make it more enjoyable. The principal ingredients are chili, garlic, and vinegar.
3. Corn Manchurian an off-beat but irresistible Corn Manchurian made with deep-fried balls of crushed sweet corn kernels, carrots and other usual flavour enhancers.
We have used it in chilli garlic noodles recipe
which requires a slightly thick sauce.
· This sauce adds distinctive and strong flavor to any dish.
· Spice up your sandwiches, burgers, pasta, noodles, soup, and macaroni, as it compliments everything.
· An attractive dipping sauce for spring rolls or stir fry with steamed veggies.
· Widely used in Chinese food.How to Store chilli garlic sauce
It is best to refrigerate, whether homemade or purchased. A homemade sauce can last upto a month and if purchased stick to the expiry date stamped on it. Store in a cool dry place away from direct sunlight and once opened, use as per the expiry date stamped on the label.