Crackling Rice Topped with Manchurian Gravy
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 43 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 5473 times
This dish delights your senses with the crunch of deep-fried rice and the spiciness of the Manchurian gravy. Deep-frying rice to make it crackling crisp needs a bit of tact, but if you follow the simple instructions meticulously you will get it right on the first try itself.
You can prepare this in advance and keep it ready. Then go on to making the Manchurian. With colourful, juicy and crisp veggies, and the exhilarating flavour of soy and red chilli sauces, this gravy is a really thrilling ride for your taste buds!
Arrange the Crackling Rice topped with Manchurian Gravy on the sizzler plate just before serving. Serve along with other Chinese delicacies like Chinese Samosa and Schezuan Noodles .
- Boil enough of water in a deep non-stick pan, add the rice and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 10 minutes.
- Drain well, spread the rice on a clean muslin cloth and allow them to dry for 30 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick kadhai, put little of the dried rice and deep-fry on a medium flame till the rice turns crisp and light brown in colour from all the sides. Drain on an absorbent paper.
- Cool completely and store in an air-tight container. Keep aside.
- Combine the cornflour and 2 cups of water in a deep bowl and mix well. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the garlic, ginger and green chillies and sauté on a medium flame for 30 seconds.
- Add the onions and spring onion whites and greens and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the capsicum and baby corn and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add the cornflour-water mixture, soya sauce, red chilli sauce and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 3 to 4 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Just before serving, place the crackling rice on a sizzler plate and pour hot manchurian gravy evenly over it.
- Serve immediately garnished with spring onion whites and greens.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||152.6 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.3 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.2 mg|
|Vitamin B3||2.4 mg|
|Vitamin C||26.3 mg|
|Folic Acid||35.1 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.