Chinese Samosa, Veg Chinese Noodle Samosa
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 22 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 15657 times
Two all-time favourites from India and China come together to surprise you! This unique samosa is made with a filling of noodles and juicy veggies perked up with soya sauce and vinegar. The total effect is mind-blowing, with the crunchy samosa cover giving way to a succulent noodle filling. Serve the Chinese Samosa hot and fresh, while the textures are still fresh and scrumptious. Indeed, a perfect snack that can be served as an evening snack as well as a starter for any party.
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the ginger and garlic and sauté on a high flame for 30 seconds.
- Add the french beans, carrot, spring onions, cabbage, green chillies and salt and sauté on a high flame for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the noodles, soya sauce and vinegar, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally and breaking it lightly with the help of a ladle. Keep aside.
- Combine all the ingredients in a deep bowl, mix well and knead into a semi-soft dough using enough water. Keep aside.
- Divide the stuffing into 16 equal portions.
- Divide the dough into 8 equal portions.
- Roll out a portion of the dough into 150 mm. X 75 mm. (6" x 3") diameter oval using a little plain flour for rolling.
- Cut the oval horizontally into 2 equal portions using a knife.
- Take a portion of the dough and join the edges using little water to make a cone.
- Stuff the cone with a portion of the stuffing and apply little water on the edges to seal it.
- Once again apply little water and seal both the edges to get a perfect triangle samosa.
- Repeat with the remaining dough and stuffing to make 15 more samosas.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick kadhai and deep-fry 8 samosas on a medium flame, till they turn golden brown in colour from both the sides. Drain on an absorbent paper.
- Repeat step 9 to deep-fry 8 more samosas in one more batch.
- Serve hot with schezuan sauce.
Nutrient values per samosa
|Vitamin A||135.7 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.2 mg|
|Vitamin C||5.3 mg|
|Folic Acid||3.3 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.